ROM Hack Inazuma Eleven 2 (EN) - Romhacking for Creativity!

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
:nds:Hi there!:nds:
Recently I've been messing around a lot with all the possibilities in Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm/Blizzard (EN) for the DS on my own, but I've decided it's better to instead share it with everyone so nothing gets lost again like it last time. You can still find a lot of threads on this forum about the old translation/undubbing projects with tools and knowledge that have now gone lost. So, with this project I hope to achieve the perfect compilation of all tools and info around this one thread to never have these get lost again.

I'm currently already working on a Google Docs which has the goal of containing all information about the editing possibilities within this game.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ufYRE5lJjP0-flrwZoUcfgeqSXdJbUA555qTtZfeutk/edit?usp=sharing
I will try to add more as quickly as possible, but doing everything in one go is just not human.
At this moment in time I know how to:
-Edit Character Data
-Swap Character Appearance Data
-Change English text
-Swap files from the other games in the series that are formatted similarly
-Configure the INAZUMA.INI to change settings
-Change Special Move data
-Change Item and Shop data
-Changing images (to a certain extent)
-Editing some team data

This might not sound like a lot but it can bring you decently far with creating some fun edits of your favourite characters. However when it comes to my progress in discovering new things, I've kind of been put at a halt. Even with a lot of the data in the English files being logical, there's still a lot of compressed/encrypted data which I have a hard time to understand. I know this might not be the time anymore for people to be interested in romhacking old games and whatever, but if anyone wants to pick up the challenge to create tools for any of this data, or somehow dig up the tools that are now lost.
Roxas75's player edit tool is still around, but unfortunately hex editing gives way more freedom in changing character data. Other than that, all tools have led to dead ends. Including the script text encyption/decription tool noted on https://gbatemp.net/threads/inazuma-eleven-e-full-project.276441/page-13
I hope to reignite interest in romhacking for this game with the effort I'm putting into the availability. If you have any questions about the Google Docs, or if you want to help, reply here or send me a PM!

Thanks for reading!:)

As I'm not all too active on the Google Doc anymore, try adding me on my discord linked below in the thread.

Last edited by Lvutir,

Hexakis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome thread! I read through the Google Doc and saw that you mentioned 2D sprites I am actually looking for a way to rip the overworld sprites from IE2/IE3, because I and a whole lot of other people are making a Inazuma Eleven fangame (which you can find back on the Inazuma Eleven subreddit on the sidebar) so send me a quick message/join the Discord server or add me on Discord at
Wesley#3187

Reactions: Lvutir and Milozaki

Hexakis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use Tinke to extract files like the head sprites, body sprites, general game assets such as the 2d stadions, 3D models of overworld things like the vehicles

for more complicated models like The Inazuma School you can use Apicula just type "Apicula Github" on Google and then the first result which will then rip 3D models from IE1-3 which you can then convert to files that can be opened in Blender using the same tool

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, thank you for answering to the thread. Sorry for not reacting earlier, had a bit of a lack of interest the weeks and was addicted to Hades. I sent you a friend request on discord to discuss more stuff.

At the time that I started the Google Docs I was using an older version of Tinke as it was the one provided by a 3rd-party website. Didn’t know it was on GitHub. I’ve indeed found out that Tinke can now decompress a lot of the things that it used to be unable to, and got a bit overloaded.

I’ll be sure to check out what you guys have done so far. (My discord is Elroy#4043)

Last edited by Lvutir,
Reactions: Milozaki

SwareJonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can take a look at the code for my program to extract stats from the players, i know how the struct works for unitstat.dat, it's basically (PlayerID + 1) * 0x50

I've also made some writeups about structs in the repo but i can't send a link unfortunately

The repo is called "Inazuma Eleven Stats extractor"

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just discovered how to replace members in teams and editing their level to a certain extent. Trying to change Raimon is very buggy and I haven't tested on Story, yet. But regular teams seem to fully working!

You can take a look at the code for my program to extract stats from the players, i know how the struct works for unitstat.dat, it's basically (PlayerID + 1) * 0x50

I've also made some writeups about structs in the repo but i can't send a link unfortunately

The repo is called "Inazuma Eleven Stats extractor"

Nice, previously I was doing it manually by checking what Special Moves were assigned to what players and checked on Special Move ID. But this is going to be way faster.

PedroAstro

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I am having problems when I want to export the nbsxx files (the 3D models of the faces and hair of the characters), I have downloaded the Apicula program on my pc but when I want to start it immediately it closes without even giving you an option to see what is what the command console gives you when you run the program, so I can't enter the extraction and conversion codes to collada to be able to open them in blender, I'd really appreciate if you could help me, greetings and thanks in advance.

I quote screenshot of the mentioned error:

error apicula.png

PedroAstro

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I would like to get in touch with Lvutir or someone who knows about IE rom hacking to know if he could help me with the above mentioned by me in the thread of this post about the Apicula program, thanks.

Last edited by PedroAstro,

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with apicula, the tool I've used is Tinke 0.9.2
That one worked fine for me.

Hello, I am having problems when I want to export the nbsxx files (the 3D models of the faces and hair of the characters), I have downloaded the Apicula program on my pc but when I want to start it immediately it closes without even giving you an option to see what is what the command console gives you when you run the program, so I can't enter the extraction and conversion codes to collada to be able to open them in blender, I'd really appreciate if you could help me, greetings and thanks in advance.

I quote screenshot of the mentioned error:

View attachment 220449

JakxvL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, what you managed to do is really awesome, i just have one question, do you know if any of this can this be appicable to IE3 games for 3ds, the EUR versions ?

Last edited by JakxvL,

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, what you managed to do is really awesome, i just have one question, do you know if any of this can this be appicable to IE3 games for 3ds, the EUR versions ?

I haven’t explored the IE3 versions too much, but one of the more notable differences is that unitbase.dat is in a different format. It leaves less space between players and data making it harder to read but a lot more compact, giving the ability to add all those players. All of the same elements mentioned in my Google Document are still there, they’ll be on coordinates however.

Lvutir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does anyone know how to extract the .pkb files to edit some texts?

Make sure you are using the latest version of Tinke if that's what you're using (0.9.2), any older version might no be able to unpack some files. I only use the old version to read Japanese hexadecimal text now.

A lot of techniques mentioned here are also applicable to the IE3 games, the most notable difference I know of is the way unitbase.dat is written. It's more compressed to save one line of hexidecimals (mostlikely done because of the increase of players), I currently don't plan on writing IE3 specific stuff, yet, so you'd have to figure out what is in what place exactly yourself. Just know that it is possible, and others have done it, too.

Ruvgowei-RuVeL

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does by any chance someone have a link to Roxas75's player edit tool? I want to try a change i unfortunately cant get to work with the hex editor...

Al_Blackdale

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know this thread is old, but does somebody know hot to make characters that cannot be recruitable in IE1, well, recruitable. Like Aphrodite/Byron/Afuro. I know some mods have been able to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: