TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it so we can launch region locked games please
I might work on that if I can. Keep in mind that right now my main focus is the exploit and homebrew launcher itself. Anything (and maybe everything) can be made by anyone else.
This is better than what I requested. Good luck. Can you share what tools I can use to reverse engineering and compile my code? Thank you.
To reverse engineer what? The gateway exploit? The payloads are on Yifan Lu's website. As for homebrew and custom code, everything you need to know is here.

Reactions: SLiV3R and r5xscn

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I might work on that if I can. Keep in mind that right now my main focus is the exploit and homebrew launcher itself. Anything (and maybe everything) can be made by anyone else.

To reverse engineer what? The gateway exploit? The payloads are on Yifan Lu's website. As for homebrew and custom code, everything you need to know is here.

Have you actually got any working builds yet?

Reactions: Margen67

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Lucky for you, that's what this is.

The launcher that I will provide will install a homebrew launcher application onto the 3DS. From there, you can execute it like any other 3DS software. I'll make it so that you can have multiple apps on the SD card in separate folders for you to launch individually. These apps can be anything you want.

I like your thinking.

You have my attention.

Edit: Apps like Big Red Menu?

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an estimated date of release? such as a beta or w/e?
Well, if things keep going the way they're going, we should have the entire payload remade by the end of this week. I might have the custom launcher I choose integrated into the exploit by then, too. If you want to test that out, you can.

As for the rest of the stuff, I don't really know. I can't imagine it'd be hard to create a program that launches .dat launchers, since I'll probably base it on an existing piece of software. I'd give it another three or four weeks from today before I have the entire thing done.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have an estimated date of release? such as a beta or w/e?
He literally just started working on it, give the guy a break. These things take time to develop, test, and fix bugs. I'd rather have a working exploit than code that could potentially brick my console.

That being said, he did mention in another thread that it should take under a month.

Edit: beat me to it

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
One more question pretty please.

Call me a moron (and I'm not doomsaying here).
But this won't exactly support an emuNAND will it?

I mean, you'd be screwed for eshop etc. yeah? seeing as the exploit been patched out now.

If it ends up being a usable working tool, fantastic!
But no emuNAND right?

#confusion

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question pretty please.

Call me a moron (and I'm not doomsaying here).
But this won't exactly support an emuNAND will it?

I mean, you'd be screwed for eshop etc. yeah? seeing as the exploit been patched out now.

If it ends up being a usable working tool, fantastic!
But no emuNAND right?

#confusion
It does support emunand.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If nintendo releases a new encryption (as it was with the 7.x keys) we could end up in the dilemma that the devs of the CFW are not capable of breaking it and gateway does not want to break it (because there's no profit anymore, because of this CFW).

Just pointing out the worst case. It might be a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds one.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo releases a new encryption (as it was with the 7.x keys) we could end up in the dilemma that the devs of the CFW are not capable of breaking it and gateway does not want to break it (because there's no profit anymore, because of this CFW).

Just pointing out the worst case. It might be a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds one.
As of right now, the only CFW devs are yellows8 and...some other people I can't be bothered to look up right now. They're not going to release their CFWs to the public. In addition to that, Gateway still has their N3DS customers.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wouldn't that create a need for gateway again? If no one can break the encryption but gateway, why wouldn't they update their launcher and have people rushing to buy one again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year