Would we be able to homebrew an Xbox One using halo forge?

Scrapz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a vulnerability in halo forge, we could use files in the format of a forge map to run unsigned code. The problems I see with this though are:

1. Whether or not the exploit will be able to disable anything that checks for unsigned code as I imagine this is necessary.

2. The possibility that the file size limit in the forge editor would not allow the file to be loaded if the file size of the file is over the limit.

3. This is likely only a piece of a larger puzzle, as modding most systems require exploit chains.

I wanted to share this idea to see if there is a possibility that this could work, and would also like this to spark a discussion to help further the homebrew community.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that to use an Xbox One (and therefore Xbox Series, too?) requires users to login to their Microsoft account. I mean, I did it on my 360, but when they make it mandatory to login if we want to use than make it optional, then I'd like to see XO hacked.

On Windows 10 I use a local account, I don't want nor need my Microsoft account linked with it.

Here's hoping XO gets hacked as it's a great console, specifically XO X (I genuinely thought it was called "Elite" :P) and XO S (and Slim which it is, after all).

TomChaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, code signature checks do not happen in the game VM at all. Any game exploits have ZERO chances of getting through the virtualization, let alone modifying it.
Any attempts to let the console run unsigned code in retail environments must be from the bottom up, not the other way around.

Reactions: MrQQ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: