Hacking In a nut shell, how can i make sure i wont get banned?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im not sure how the glitch works, but i watched a vid and all the dude did was go to go.gateway-3ds.com and that was it, but im assuming my firmware is too high because i get an error that tells me to restart the console

you need the launcher on the root of your sd card aswell

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the launcher on the root of your sd card aswell

yeah, i just saw a different video that explained all that. So i can use this exploit in order to dump and get the private header then? I hope this works on the new 3ds.

So tomorrow when i trade in my old 3ds, i shouldnt transfer all the stuff over to the new 3ds because it will require an update right? the gamestop people were telling me that you can only have your account only on one console at a time. so to get around this would i just factory reset my 3ds before giving it to to them to avoid all this?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby online every single day with my own dumped game just renamed to .3DZ, it's the safest way to go IMO, I play online for hours and hours at a time and no reprucussions yet

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't want to get banned, don't play online using flashcards, or .cia's or whatever. Always keep your internet off when using it.

That's what I do, if I want to play online, I buy the game.

Reactions: cvskid

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby online every single day with my own dumped game just renamed to .3DZ, it's the safest way to go IMO, I play online for hours and hours at a time and no reprucussions yet
If you plan to go online with a game, maybe buy that game.

Reactions: PandaMayFire

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a friend's 3DS that may still be on 9.2 or below. 9.2 is the highest firmware useable by Gateway's browser exploit. I can hook you up with my Star Fox 64 3D header, I don't use it. But Im actually selling my 4.5 3DS with both animal crossing and Star Fox 64 3D so whoever buys it, might use Gateway. Who knows if they'd try to use the Star Fox header.

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn.. guess i should have bought a gateway instead. thanks for all the info man
You said your firmware was 9.4, right? Your only option would have been the sky anyway. Gateway does not work above 9.2. Also, you can't play ds roms unless you have a different flashcards, like r4gold.

3ds flash carts are split in 2 categories: one that plays 3ds backups and one that plays regular ds backups. The sky3ds and gateway fall under the former.

Celebrimbor360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy and play retail games that I want to play online, and use SKY to play single player games when I'm outside with no internet. There aren't many games you need to go online anyways, MK7, Pokemon, MH4...

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm all noob on this about headers, because i just use .cias.

So i'll ask this and i think it can help lots of people, i know they're noob questions, but, like i said, people looking for help(like me) will be pleased.

(suposing we're using gateway)

There's some way to inject headers on .cias ?
I can change the .3dz header just injecting other one in the file?

I'm using public ones, and i have some games carts that i can extract their headers, i want to insert their headers, on these cias.
Or i can need to insert them just in .3ds ?

how do i "extract" the header of some original cart?

Does cias need some kind of header/they have some kind of public header? Then we're safe using them(.cia) and will not get banned?

I'm "new" to those things about header etc, but i heard that cias doesn't need headers, but now with people getting banned i'm afraid of this, and i want to take care. I didn't entered online since 2, 3 months ago, but since MH4U is out, you know...

So i can insert header on a cia, or i need to do with 3ds and then convert to cia?

Solar47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So i'll ask this and i think it can help lots of people, i know they're noob questions, but, like i said, people looking for help(like me) will be pleased.

I'm using public ones, and i have some games carts that i can extract their headers, i want to insert their headers, on these cias.

Does cias need some kind of header/they have some kind of public header? Then we're safe using them(.cia) and will not get banned?

I'm "new" to those things about header etc, but i heard that cias doesn't need headers, but now with people getting banned i'm afraid of this, and i want to take care. I didn't entered online since 2, 3 months ago, but since MH4U is out, you know...

So i can insert header on a cia, or i need to do with 3ds and then convert to cia?

I'm pretty sure CIAs don't use headers that's why people are switching. No one has been banned using CIA yet I believe but we don't know if not having a header makes it safe

There are only like 4 games worth going online with in the 3ds library just buy the game if your going online and have no worries.

Reactions: AdowTatep

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've only had mine for not even a month I think, and all the talk of CIAs and headers confused me, and it didn't make it any easier with a huge selection of tools and tutorials floating around. All in all, to keep it simple, I just buy my own fresh copy of games from Wal-Mart, dump them with Gateway, then rename them to .3DZ, and you should be good to go and you shouldn't get banned

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a friend's 3DS that may still be on 9.2 or below. 9.2 is the highest firmware useable by Gateway's browser exploit. I can hook you up with my Star Fox 64 3D header, I don't use it. But Im actually selling my 4.5 3DS with both animal crossing and Star Fox 64 3D so whoever buys it, might use Gateway. Who knows if they'd try to use the Star Fox header.

Well I just remembered that my wife had a 3ds and hers is version 8. So i was able to do the exploit, but now that i have the game dump, im not sure how to get the header from it. any ideas?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just remembered that my wife had a 3ds and hers is version 8. So i was able to do the exploit, but now that i have the game dump, im not sure how to get the header from it. any ideas?

Great, you're on the right track. Now download Gateway rom patcher 0.6: http://hulkload.com/f7r2gp0ka7k6

Load your rom, and click export. This will give you a .bin file, which is the header you need.

Use this header for all your online roms, but be sure to keep the game with you. Don't sell it or let anyone go online with it at the same time as you.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, you're on the right track. Now download Gateway rom patcher 0.6: http://hulkload.com/f7r2gp0ka7k6

Load your rom, and click export. This will give you a .bin file, which is the header you need.

Use this header for all your online roms, but be sure to keep the game with you. Don't sell it or let anyone go online with it at the same time as you.

awesome, thanks for that info! one last question: if i want to update my current roms that i have on my sky3ds with the new private header, is there a way to do it without erasing my current save files?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, thanks for that info! one last question: if i want to update my current roms that i have on my sky3ds with the new private header, is there a way to do it without erasing my current save files?

I'm not really sure how Sky3DS handles headers, but I'm sure you'll have to start over since saves are tight to the header. The header will want to create a new save that's tied to it. You can backup a save, test the header on a rom and see if the save still works. If not, then you know for sure that you gotta start all over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay