Hacking In a nut shell, how can i make sure i wont get banned?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unless you keep wifi off or nintendo tells us willingly how do they ban people and what plans they have for the near future there's no way to be 100% safe no warranties.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use a header from any game you own AFAIK, not specifically the same game. so suppose you have a retail copy of star fox 64 3D, just take its header and use it on all your ROMs and just make sure none of these ROMs are ever online at the same time (i.e. don't give your ROM with your private header to a friend which runs a risk of you both using the same header simultaneously)

Well that sounds easy. How do I go about accomplishing this?

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think we posted at the same time haha. Yeah it's good that you gave an explanation, I just wanted him to know that it doesn't apply for him since Sky is pretty limited. But yeah he needs his own game to rip the header. Check the bargain bin for some $5 thing.

I have plenty of 3ds games, i was thinking you had to have the copy of the game you were wanting to use on your flashcard. not that you can take the private header from one game, and apply it to all games.

So does this mean that every cart ever made will have its own private header regardless of what game it is?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have plenty of 3ds games, i was thinking you had to have the copy of the game you were wanting to use on your flashcard. not that you can take the private header from one game, and apply it to all games.

So does this mean that every cart ever made will have its own private header regardless of what game it is?

Thats how it works the headers are unique to each game swapping them all to the same header does not sound safe at all unless Lucifer666 has some info I don't.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can edit the 3ds file and add your own header that what makes it private its a header for a game you own.

Gotcha. How do I go about doing this? I have plenty of 3DS games that I own that I could use. Do I manually have to edit every 3ds game file with the private header? or do you have to just edit the template and it automatically adds the private header to all games?

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats how it works the headers are unique to each game swapping them all to the same header does not sound safe at all unless Lucifer666 has some info I don't.

So in otherwords, for each rom you put on your flashcard, you should have its own private header? so 10 roms = 10 carts? I have 15+ 3ds games and 10+ ds games. not sure if ds games will work for this or not.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

nah I don't have any solid proof that this is 100% safe but it's a really common practice here on the temp and no one doing this has reported being banned yet

so essentially do it at your own risk, personally I'd do it myself if I wanted to play a game on my GW online (or just use a .CIA but you've got Sky so you can't do that)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in otherwords, for each rom you put on your flashcard, you should have its own private header? so 10 roms = 10 carts? I have 15+ 3ds games and 10+ ds games. not sure if ds games will work for this or not.

Sorry for typing so much but your using a sky3ds card right? You probably shouldn't worry about it so much use no ban no sky if you want to do what lucifer suggested or use the header provided in the disk writer tool for sky3ds there really isn't any safe or safer way with the card unless you have your own header which is the equivalent to owning the game in physical form already.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah I don't have any solid proof that this is 100% safe but it's a really common practice here on the temp and no one doing this has reported being banned yet

so essentially do it at your own risk, personally I'd do it myself if I wanted to play a game on my GW online (or just use a .CIA but you've got Sky so you can't do that)

Is this link what I have to use to accomplish this? Do I have to do it for every single rom? would it be better to use a different private header for each rom (i have a ton of carts)?

lastly, how do i get the private headers off the carts? Thanks for the info

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for typing so much but your using a sky3ds card right? You probably shouldn't worry about it so much use no ban no sky if you want to do what lucifer suggested or use the header provided in the disk writer tool for sky3ds there really isn't any safe or safer way with the card unless you have your own header which is the equivalent to owning the game in physical form already.

type as much as you need to! I'm the dummy making you type so much, and i appreciate the help too btw.

so ill check out the no ban no sky thing, my questions now are: how do i obtain the private header from a cart and it doesnt matter what cart i use, as long as its a physical 3ds game, right? and the header provided in the disk writer tool, wouldnt everyone be using the same one, making it public?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
type as much as you need to! I'm the dummy making you type so much, and i appreciate the help too btw.

so ill check out the no ban no sky thing, my questions now are: how do i obtain the private header from a cart and it doesnt matter what cart i use, as long as its a physical 3ds game, right? and the header provided in the disk writer tool, wouldnt everyone be using the same one, making it public?

To get your header you need a way to dump a game you own and the sky tool will not share your header with others it has its own database of public headers which it injects into the game you're installing onto your sky card

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get your header you need a way to dump a game you own and the sky tool will not share your header with others it has its own database of public headers which it injects into the game you're installing onto your sky card

I was talking about the disk writer for sky3ds, not the no ban no sky. any idea on how to dump a game? is it something i have to connect my game to and then into the computer?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the disk writer for sky3ds, not the no ban no sky. any idea on how to dump a game? is it something i have to connect my game to and then into the computer?

From what I know only gateway 3ds can dump card2 retail games someone can correct me if there are other ways

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One can only assume they either had dumps of there games already using the gateway browser exploit or having someone dump it for them using a gateway card I don't have any more information sorry I cant help you more :unsure:

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One can only assume they either had dumps of there games already using the gateway browser exploit or having someone dump it for them using a gateway card I don't have any more information sorry I cant help you more :unsure:

damn.. guess i should have bought a gateway instead. thanks for all the info man

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3ds firmware was 9.2 or lower than yeah but if you have a new3ds or are above 9.2 sky is really your only option

no ban no sky says it only works for 4.5 to 9.2, so if its above 9.2 it shouldnt work right? regardless its no big deal since im trading in my 3dsXL tomorrow for the new 3ds. but the problem still remains on how to obtain the private header. I think i might have found something that will work, but not too sure. have you heard of the gateway exploit glitch? heres the link

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no ban no sky says it only works for 4.5 to 9.2, so if its above 9.2 it shouldnt work right? regardless its no big deal since im trading in my 3dsXL tomorrow for the new 3ds. but the problem still remains on how to obtain the private header. I think i might have found something that will work, but not too sure. have you heard of the gateway exploit glitch? heres the link

It not a glitch its the browser exploit that lets you run gateways launcher you can dump your cart that way but im not sure what the highest firmware you can be on for it to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY