Gaming In a dilemma as to which two to buy~

Which 2 games would you personally say is the best overall in the mentioned categories?

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Bravely Default

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Luigi's Mansion 2

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've heard numerous reports of people saying that the demo doesn't represent the game very well at all, so you might want to keep that in mind before judging it.

RPGs usually start to grab you after you put a few hourse into them.
That's one of the reasons why I like them so much. You put in a bit of effort and you get hooked

Reactions: Omninox

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem with Zelda was that dungeons were too short and there was a lack of searching and discovery because too-early in the game you're a walking arsenal with all the puzzle solvers on your person save for the items you get in the sand temple + Sand rod. This is not saying that Link Between Worlds isn't worth the $40 or your time, I just think in alot of ways it doesn't live up to the original. One dungeon is just a line. I'll admit the 2D mode adds an extra puzzle mechanic, but I never thought it was anything more clever found in something like Link to the Past.

Fire Emblem is more or less perfect, though not my favorite. By perfect I mean that I can't think of anything bad that would make me second guess my purchase. Alot of game restarting though...

Bravely Default has a demo, its beautiful with high presentation values, I'm just not a fan of the overused and stale turn-based RPG battle system of waving your hands in the air and constantly mash a single button to make monsters go away and grind.

Luigi's Mansion 2 feels too short. Classic Nintendo game making, they make something amazing, but fail to take it all the way home leaving you kind of feeling "Meh" at the end of it. However it's the more unique of your choices. Its like merging 3rd person adventure with point and click, you simply haven't played a game like this on handheld, period. Much improvement over Luigi's Mansion which was already quite good.

Zelda: A great title to own but feels shorter despite having more to collect.
Fire Emblem: The greatest value in terms of Gameplay for money.
Bravely Default: Its an RPG from Square... again... Meh, get it if you haven't grown tired of basic RPG mechanics of the last 2 decades.
Luigi's Mansion: Most unique, possibly most beautiful, most charming, but feels like Nintendo missed an opportunity to truly make this game a legend.

I'd say get Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion, personal choice being Luigi because enjoy fresh experiences, Bravely Default IMO can wait, and you're probably going to buy Zelda eventually so its a matter of buying it now or later.

Reactions: Omninox

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Having played a bit of A Link Between Worlds, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a "must buy", rather as a curiosity. Don't get me wrong - it's fun, but it's not what I'd expect from a full-blown Zelda game in this day and age. Luigi's Mansion 2 is no doubt a lot of fun - I loved the first game and I likely would like the sequel, but I didn't get the chance to play it. Having the guidelines you posted in mind though, I guess I'll have to recommend Bravely Default and Fire Emblem - they'll definitely give you your Weeaboo fix. That being said, consider getting Shim Megami Tensei IV instead of one of'em, just because it's Shin Megami Tensei, ergo good. :P

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find playing 2 rpgs at once a bit meh, so while I'd recommend both Fire Emblem & BD in a heartbeat, maybe not at the same time (yeah I know they're different types of rpg, but still...) So one of the above, and a quick bit on the side! In this instance I'd go for either FE & Zelda combo, or BD and Luigi's 2...

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback~ ^_^
The only decent game you have up there is Fire Emblem. But I strongly suggest you move outside of your list and explore other titles.

such as? i have quite a few games for the 3DS, just in need some a new game and those 4 are games which i don't own.

I've played the Bravely Default demo and didn't really like the gameplay much. It looked really clear and the art work was well done, but gameplay felt abit off and basic. Normally i love classic rpgs. :S
I guess the demo isn't much to go buy to judge the game so i'll disregard it.
So far Fire Emblem looks like the first choice and Bravely Default as a maybe for the second game.
I don't mind a recommendation for a game that isn't on the list. (just no mention of Animal Crossing, i got it as quite a few people here said it'd be a good choice and yhhh.... haven't touched it since the first 20 mins).

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
such as? i have quite a few games for the 3DS, just in need some a new game and those 4 are games which i don't own.
Then what do you own?

Strictly going by people's suggestions might not be the best thing because most of us are biased. People might be able to suggest not better, but different things. Like I bought Rayman Origins for 3DS for $18 new (Sold the Club card for $5), and even through all it's faults, found it to be a much more enjoyable game than the $40 New Super Mario Bros 2.

Unless you already own Kid Icarus, then I have nothing more to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER