Hacking Improved 3ds.essh Loader (HTML File)

• Thread starter Wev
  • Start date
  • Views 7,998
  • Replies 32
  • Likes 13

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is this?​
Well I noticed the current website which lists 3DS scene releases...leaves a lot to be desired...​
So what I've done is write an HTML file which fetches data from that website.​
Then it displays it in a more appealing way with extra features.​
The features include -​
1: Easy searching of games using any criteria in any column.​
2: Filtering of games by country/region.​
3: Quick Google & other search links for each game.​
4: Various visual changes, mouse over effects, loading bar, etc.​
5: Ability to choose which columns of information you wish to view.​
6: Always as update to date as 3ds.essh.​
Update April 18th 2014 -​
Removed case sensitive from searching by request​
Added automatic searching as you type​
Added button to view inline images of game covers (front/back)​
(limited due to lack of websites which provide such images)​
Removed rom/torrent search buttons​
Added sorting bar (Alphanumeric)​
Added persistent click highlighting of game rows​
Fixed graphical problem with spacer row​
Hid "Release File Name" by default to shrink overall width​
Added favicon.ico​
Added inline url parameters s= & r= for automatic searching & region selection via address bar​
(Example - 3DSGames.html?s=mario&r=usa)​
(Region codes - USA EUR CHN JPN KOR TWN)​
Update April 19th 2014 -​
Fixed small issue making it hard to click buttons on sorting bar​
Clicking the "Clear Search" button also clears the text inside the search box​
When viewing box covers for games, if no image is found it will fall back on Google image search​
(Grabs the first image result & loads it, both front & back images)​
(Due to using Google image searching, the images displayed may not always be accurate)​
Adjusted where inline game box images appear relative to the mouse​
So how do you use it?​
Just save the html file anywhere & double click it to open it in your default web browser.​
Download -​
Quick preview image (old)​
Quick preview image (new)​
Enjoy?​
^~^​
Credits To​
3ds.essh.co - Game Data​
images.nintendolife.com - Box Cover Art - Front​
hkofferhouse.com/images - Box Cover Art - Back​
Google image search - Box Cover Art Front/Back​

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's nice and clean, but buttons to search on torrentsites and on a certain rom site might be pushing it. Everyone knows how to search for their roms, so I don't think these buttons are necessary. Just my 2 cents.

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hosted it, in case people don't feel like having an HTML file.

http://shnick.org/3ds/

EDIT: Also, yeah, I removed the ROM/torrent site buttons. donotwanttrouble.png
Thanks haha as you may have guessed I didnt have an.....appropriate...place to host it.

It's nice and clean, but buttons to search on torrentsites and on a certain rom site might be pushing it. Everyone knows how to search for their roms, so I don't think these buttons are necessary. Just my 2 cents.

Since, as you said, everyone knows how to search for things that only makes it more silly to exclude search buttons... Why take the time to copy & paste text into Google & click search when it can all happen with a single click?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If everyone can search their rom then tell me why everytime a new pokemon release, there are ton of guy come here and ask for link?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since, as you said, everyone knows how to search for things that only makes it more silly to exclude search buttons... Why take the time to copy & paste text into Google & click search when it can all happen with a single click?
I understand your logic, but knowing GBAtemp policies about warez, offering a link to your html file, which offers a direct link to a warez site, might be pushing it, as I was saying. Maybe a mod could hop in and tell you if it's appropriate or not?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its appropriate as this persons intention of the app isn't to give out warez but to have a cleaner interface to go by yes it does have a way to go get roms but that's not the intention of the application that's like someone saying on here www.google.com go here and search (specific name of game and scene release name) google isn't intended for warez but you still see people find roms from it and if im linking someone to google on here it doesn't go against the rules

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not the intention of the application that's like someone saying on here www.google.com go here and search (specific name of game and scene release name)

Google does not host illegal files. ROM sites do host illegal files, and torrent sites host files with direct connections to illegal content. That's nothing at all like saying "Google it".

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it. I have a couple suggestions, though. One, you can't sort it alphabetically/numerically using the columns (or at least I couldn't, but then again I'm not that smart), so that'd be a good addition. Two, being able to pick more than one language would be nice. English speakers would normally avoid the Japanese and other Asian releases (unless they are games where text is unimportant, like Kirby), but they'd have no reason not to search for both EU and NA releases, since there are some that have only been dumped for one region. And you can't just type "en" into the search box, because that still leaves a ton of Japanese games in the list.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Big Up for giving Credit to the site your pulling all the information from -_-

3ds.essh.co

tho i dont understand the reason

as the search feature on 3ds.essh.co works fine
you can even use it to show only the region you want by typing

EUR, USA, TAI, JPN etc into it and it will show only the region you want

Reactions: cearp

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3ds.essh.co

6: Always as update to date as 3ds.essh.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That file is forbidden as it contains direct linking to ROM and torrent websites.

If you want to make a "clean" search engine, link to google or any other website search engine, with the game's name or release name. That's as much as it's allowed here.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3ds.essh.co

If you provide a service that people use, you have to be willing to take criticism in all its forms. I think this, in a way, is a suggestion on features that seem to be missing from your site. I like this site's ability to pick and choose the columns that show, and can easily show/hide them. There are also more sections/columns able to be added on this website that are lacking in yours (e.g. trimmed ROM size). I don't trim ROMs at all, but some people do and that's something they'd find useful. I also like the darker layout of this other website. I also like not having to deal with pages, whereas on your site, I have to go from page to page. Small things, you know? Don't get me wrong, I do like your site and use it all the time, but it does seem to need a little TLC. The OP did give you credit, although he could've gotten the name right.

In any case, I think you should take this as constructive criticism and use it to improve your site for a wider audience. Just my 2¢.

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice job
but can you change the "case sensitive" search to "non case sensitive" search now you can not search for keywords
at least can/will you add a button for case sensitive search on/off

thanks

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I agree, Search should never be case sensitive (I can't think of a single reason why someone would choose to conduct a case-sensitive search over a non-case sensitive one). Also, I'd like a button to search for region dupes. This could be fetched from the game serial. For example, searching for CTR-AS3 gives all 3 versions (JAP, US, EUR) of The Sims 3. If this could be done from just a single click, it would be useful.

Reactions: IronClouds

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That file is forbidden as it contains direct linking to ROM and torrent websites.

If you want to make a "clean" search engine, link to google or any other website search engine, with the game's name or release name. That's as much as it's allowed here.

So to be clear... Any search link using google would be allowed? For example a google search using the site-specific parameter like

"random-game.3ds site:random-website.com"
https://www.google.com/search?q=random-game.3ds+site:random-website.com

Or does google then become banned too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.