Hacking Improved 3ds.essh Loader (HTML File)

• Thread starter Wev
  • Start date
  • Views 8,007
  • Replies 32
  • Likes 13

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that won't do.
You can't mention or hint sharing site names.

If you really like the ability to generate links to specific website, you can let users fill in their own favorite website search link.
Add an input field where the user put his url, and all games will have generated links based on it.
for example : srrdb.com/browse/archive-crc:%CRC/1 to generate http://www.srrdb.com/browse/archive-crc:D464FF93/1

Two advantages:
1. it won't be illegal
2. it won't force users to use YOUR chosen website.
user do what they want with that, if they want to link to srrdb, nfo repository (which 3ds.essh.co is lacking) or whatever

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that won't do.
You can't mention or hint sharing site names.

If you really like the ability to generate links to specific website, you can let users fill in their own favorite website search link.
Add an input field where the user put his url, and all games will have generated links based on it.
It couldnt provide the option to directly use any search feature of any website because each website searches terms in a slightly different format. Oh well.

saturosias is already hosting a "clean" copy directly below my post so theres no point in me changing my original post yet. If I decide to add or change features I'll edit it with the new file.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It couldnt provide the option to directly use any search feature of any website because each website searches terms in a slightly different format. Oh well.

saturosias is already hosting a "clean" copy directly below my post so theres no point in me changing my original post yet. If I decide to add or change features I'll edit it with the new file.

He's saying to have it Google search (or add a dropdown of various search engines if you want) to search on a user specified site for game_name.3ds, not to have it use any random search engine.

So for example you could present it as "Search [text box where user puts any_website_they_specify.com] for [selected_game.3ds]" [SEARCH]. Then you would have it perform a Google search for "game_name.3ds site:any_website_they_specify.com"

With our rules on sharing of ROMs, ISOs, WADs, and warez, the most we allow here on GBAtemp as far as that goes is mentioning a scene release name/filename. Having links to a rom site in a program you provide is not allowed in the same sense as posting a direct link to the rom site. If you need a refresher on our Terms and Rules, give them a read again, namely:

We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
We do not condone piracy in any way.
Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice work, could use a more organized way to filter columns shown though.
While not a huge improvement over 3ds.essh.co it does look a bit cleaner (as well as easier on the eyes) and makes it easy to ctrl+f since it's all shown on one page.
It's certainly an improvement, though I would like to see a more full-featured 3DS release database with up-to-date information. Like GBAtemp used to be for DS games a few years ago :)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hosted it, in case people don't feel like having an HTML file.

http://shnick.org/3ds/

EDIT: Also, yeah, I removed the ROM/torrent site buttons. donotwanttrouble.png

Thanks haha as you may have guessed I didnt have an.....appropriate...place to host it.

Since, as you said, everyone knows how to search for things that only makes it more silly to exclude search buttons... Why take the time to copy & paste text into Google & click search when it can all happen with a single click?

no way to filter only eshop games ,confirmed for totally useless to me, why you no put eshop game filter?:cry: all i want is simple way to see if new eshop tites were dumped,

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way to filter only eshop games ,confirmed for totally useless to me, why you no put eshop game filter?:cry: all i want is simple way to see if new eshop tites were dumped,
? http://i.imgur.com/vD9jFax.gif

He's saying to have it Google search (or add a dropdown of various search engines if you want) to search on a user specified site for game_name.3ds, not to have it use any random search engine.

So for example you could present it as "Search [text box where user puts any_website_they_specify.com] for [selected_game.3ds]" [SEARCH]. Then you would have it perform a Google search for "game_name.3ds site:any_website_they_specify.com"
I had a suspicion that may have been what he meant. Anyways I dont see any reason now to go further with the whole searching fiasco as the google search button takes you directly to any rom instantly. If I had known it was so extremely accurate I would've never included further search engines for roms.

PS: When I was viewing the site which publishes this information I was loading it without allowing requests to aspnetcdn. So the version of the website I was seeing was vastly different. So thats why I quickly wrote this... After seeing 3ds.essh with aspnetcdn loaded I was surprised haha.

What I saw which encouraged me to write this was http://i.imgur.com/RoHlyA6.png

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated original post with an updated file. Added a few extras.

Is there a changelog somewhere? I'd like to see specifically what changes were made, but haven't been consistently using it so it's all still new to me.

Edit: It's in the first post. :) Nice update and nice work! Keep it up :)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made some small quick changes. Most game titles now have proper front & back box images due to using Google directly.

The eShop/NES Legend of Zelda title has the game box for Ocarina of Time 3D. I haven't checked many others, so not sure if it's just this one or if others have the same problem.

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it just me, or is the performance of the list really really bad, when moving the mouse over it? If I move my mouse over the list, the hover effect is delayed a little bit and Safari starts using 100% of one CPU core... Chrome is a little bit better but still uses like 50%... On a notebook where battery life is valuable this is pretty bad...

Wev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The eShop/NES Legend of Zelda title has the game box for Ocarina of Time 3D. I haven't checked many others, so not sure if it's just this one or if others have the same problem.
This is because first it checks two websites for front/back images. If those are not found it performs a Google image search for the images. So obviously some will be slightly wrong, but it is the best you can get without a proper game cover database.

You can try editing the file to improve image results (or may make them worse...)

Open the file in a text editor & find the line -
Code:
var json_url = 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/search/images?v=1.0&q=' + game_name;

Then replace it with -
Code:
var json_url = 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/search/images?v=1.0&q=' + game_name + '&as_sitesearch=www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/';

Is it just me, or is the performance of the list really really bad, when moving the mouse over it? If I move my mouse over the list, the hover effect is delayed a little bit and Safari starts using 100% of one CPU core... Chrome is a little bit better but still uses like 50%... On a notebook where battery life is valuable this is pretty bad...
No such issues when testing on chrome/internet explorer/firefox that i have seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay