The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
I've been seeing some interesting game projects made by individual developers that I thought I'd share with you all.

Physics Based GameProcedural AnimationsPixel Game

1. 1. Dennis Gustafsson - Impressive physics based game (Twitter)

"The sound system does not use contacts from the physics engine to determine when to play impact sounds."
    "Trigger sounds when high velocity deltas are observed in the world?"
    "Exactly! Or more specifically, when bodies lose kinetic energy."

2. 2. Makan Gilani - Unreal Engine game made only out of Procedural Animations (Twitter)

"Simply put it's when you use maths/calculations for how things move, rather than animation made by a person using animation software."
    "Wow! How does this compare performance-wise?"
    "Well it is definitely using more resources since it's making calculations where a baked in animation isn't, however it isn't a huge performance hit or anything. Most triple A games use a blend between baked and procedural animation."

3. 3. Anton Kudin - Megasphere, he is the developer/artist/writer, while two other members of his company AKGames do the Sound Design and Composing.

It's actually on Early-Access on Steam, and there's a playable demo. https://store.steampowered.com/app/386340/MegaSphere/

I would embed their Tweets or hotlink the imgur videos, but GBAtemp is giving me errors and not letting my link any sort of tweet or hotlink imgur images. So the videos on Twitter I uploaded on to YouTube for convenience.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those physics and animations are what I've been expecting future games to have ever since Red Faction. Instead, right now all the fuzz seems to be about better shadows/illumination and puddle reflections. Maybe next gen then...

Also, those tech/mechanic demos do not really seem like they are aimed towards becoming videogames, as the topic title suggests.

I'm sure that last game is a big endeavor though from the trailer I didn't really get what was special about it compared to other 2d side-scrolling run 'n guns a la Turrican.

Please, do share more if you find anything, though!

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
Those physics and animations are what I've been expecting future games to have ever since Red Faction. Instead, right now all the fuzz seems to be about better shadows/illumination and puddle reflections. Maybe next gen then...

Also, those tech/mechanic demos do not really seem like they are aimed towards becoming videogames, as the topic title suggests.

I'm sure that last game is a big endeavor though from the trailer I didn't really get what was special about it compared to other 2d side-scrolling run 'n guns a la Turrican.

If you check the guy's twitter page, he mentions it's going to be made as a game.

I just included that since I found it impressive as it was made by one guy and the artstyle looks very nice. https://i.imgur.com/bm6xHSE.gifv

Please, do share more if you find anything, though!

Will do! ^_^

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night