Gaming Importing/Exporting 3DS games in Europe

rezen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, it's been quite a while.

I'm really loving my 3DS and have been going bonkers trying to get a collection of games together.

In the UK, the rarer games seem to only get one print run and then end up being some awfully expensive prize on ebay :(

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for getting myself a copy of "Frogger 3D" and "One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP2" that's in English?? Is there a list out there that has either some information on the serial codes used (aka LNR-CTR-XXXX-XXX) on each of the european cards or even just a list of the languages the cover, manual and game has?

Trying to look for info on the Spanish, German (hate that USK badge!) and French copies of both these games.

As a tip to others: If you really want Cave Story 3D in the UK, you won't get a good price here, but the French copy is the UK cartridge with a French manual + cover! It pops up on Amazon.Fr for cheap quite often! I managed to get it for £16 total.

TIA

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm moving to Manchester for one year in september and since my 3DS is american I'll have to import games or buy them from the eShop. I was wondering if you can tell me about the taxes when you import a game :x
Thanks!

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm moving to Manchester for one year in september and since my 3DS is american I'll have to import games or buy them from the eShop. I was wondering if you can tell me about the taxes when you import a game :x
Thanks!
I dunno about importing, but if you set your region to NA and use the zip code 97123 then you won't have to pay sales tax on the eShop

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Unlike in the USA, Taxes, or VAT, like it's called here, differs country-wise, rather than State-wise.
In the UK, the VAT is 20%, 21% in The Netherlands and Belgium, 19% in Germany, 23% in Poland, to name a few examples.

The next thing is, the price.
If a game is worth in Europe less than € 22,-, the game comes without additional costs.
If it's somewhere between € 22,- and € 150,-, you pay the price of the game plus the amount of VAT in your country (again, 20% in the UK).
If the game is worth more than € 150,-, you pay an additional 5% atop of the 20% extra.

It's always handy to ask your mate to make an invoice at half the price the game actually costed, invoices are what the Customs look at first.
If they can't find an invoice, they'll start to search around the Web on its worth.

Reactions: Hyura

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dunno about importing, but if you set your region to NA and use the zip code 97123 then you won't have to pay sales tax on the eShop

Whenever I need to buy something on the eShop I use the canadian one. Had problems buying on the american eShop, my card was refused :(

Unlike in the USA, Taxes, or VAT, like it's called here, differs country-wise, rather than State-wise.
In the UK, the VAT is 20%, 21% in The Netherlands and Belgium, 19% in Germany, 23% in Poland, to name a few examples.

The next thing is, the price.
If a game is worth in Europe less than € 22,-, the game comes without additional costs.
If it's somewhere between € 22,- and € 150,-, you pay the price of the game plus the amount of VAT in your country (again, 20% in the UK).
If the game is worth more than € 150,-, you pay an additional 5% atop of the 20% extra.

It's always handy to ask your mate to make an invoice at half the price the game actually costed, invoices are what the Customs look at first.
If they can't find an invoice, they'll start to search around the Web on its worth.
So I should convert the price (including shipping?) in dollars to pounds and them apply 20%?

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
No the Euro price remains the Euro price, sum up the total price of all games together, add the Shipping Costs to it, and then apply 20% to it.
I was talking about Importing, I dunno how it works when Exporting, as I never did that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol