Hacking Imageburn stuck on 2x

Filter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I set it on it burns at 2x speed. Also when burning is complete it says the disk is blank. I burned one game it worked fine the others are blank.

Filter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Verbatim DVD-R 16x. They always are stuck on 2x but the first one I burned worked fine. I have no idea whats wrong.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burner is writing Slow?

QUOTE said:
1. Go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
2. From there, right click on each of the channels and choose ‘Properties>Advanced Settings’. All drives should be DMA mode. The ‘Current Transfer Mode’ for Hard drives is usually DMA 4-6 and DVD burners DMA 2-4, DVD ROMs usually DMA. If you see any in PIO mode, that can slow things down.
3. If you find a PIO mode drive, changing them back may be easy or complicated. First see if you can change them in that window using the drop down menu.
4. If not, uninstall the channel the drive is on and let the OS reinstall it. This will usually take a reboot. This will not damage any files on the computer. Now your burner should be back to normal. Check the drive settings again when computer restarts.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
or old firmware

and new discs....

Old firmware with new disc media codes will default to an "all purpose" write strategy which may not be able to burn discs at higher speed or even correctly. Had this problem with my old drive, couldn't burn newer RW or DL discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)