im trying to find something to like about windows 10

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a PC enthusiast don't get me wrong I do love windows 10 but its not really for me at the moment i like how the control panel and theme settings were set u with windows vista,7,8.1 but 10 its very different and with every passing update I see less and less of windows 7 and more and more of windows 10 windows 7 support ends in 3 years and windows 8 in 5 what should i do leave windows 10 and win 10 Minecraft behind for something I like or just accept the fate Microsoft is pushing us towards. even then were all screwed... windows 10 support ends in 2025... while this is 7 years away time flies and what will Microsoft do then since windows 10 is classified as the "last" version of windows I don't know what will happen in 2025. will it be an end of a 40 year and multi-billion dollar company? Highly unlikely but what will happen. and should i go back until the time comes for me to upgrade. what do you guys think i should do? thanks!!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some minor tweaks to the settings don't invalidate the numerous other ways Windows 10 is superior over all other Windows operating systems, and you're going to have to get used to it eventually if you want to continue using Windows operating systems. You might as well get used to it gradually rather than all at once six or seven years from now.

It's immune to the recent WannaCry ransomware attack ;)
Windows 10 is just as vulnerable to the attack as any other Windows operating system without the proper updates installed.

Windows10 just isn't that good. Go back to windows 7
What's wrong with Windows 10? How is Windows 7 better than Windows 10?

and hope Linux is useable by the time they kill support for 7
Linux operating systems are already useable.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Windows 10? How is Windows 7 better than Windows 10?
You and I both know, 10 is "new, different" and many people dislike that regardless if it is better.

Linux operating systems are already usable
Been using Ubuntu for about 8 months as my daily OS and can say that for the average GBAtemp user, Linux is likely not fully sufficient for daily use due to it's certain issues (i.e. lack of games and also it's inherent nature).

Reactions: NintendU_the_great

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 is just as vulnerable to the attack as any other Windows operating system without the proper updates installed.
I understand that, but why wouldn't someone update their OS? OS updates patch exploits to make the system more secure, so why not install them?

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 will still working after 2020 when Microsoft stop support same like Windows XP.

Big problems are Windows 8 and 10 when use without internet, activation will bother us and lock our computer out to lost our important files! Activation is easy to patch to stop annoy on Windows XP to 7 to disable it and won't lost our important files on hard drive then will running forever without problems. We know and we hate activation problems.

If Windows 10 support is end in year 2025, all people will move to ReactOS instead. Why? Because ReactOS is custom Windows operating system support all Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 programs and games on it. ReactOS operating system is made in Germany from Europe country. ReactOS don't have annoy activation like in Windows XP to Windows 10.

Don't forget backup your favorite programs and games to your external hard drive, usb flash drive, and other storage like disc (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray with or without M-DISC technology). Also DirectX, XNA, Net framework, etc must have for games to running.

If my Windows 7 is going stop support, I will going try both ReactOS and Linux Mint soon. Forget Windows 10 due to Microsoft spyware built in it to watch us what we are doing. A lot of people are complain on Windows 10 that what old programs and games from XP to 7 don't work on Windows 10 like Vista again. That is know compatibility problems apply to old programs and old games on Windows 10.

You should try ReactOS and Linux Mint to see you like or not. Best to get VMware Workstation program to install on your computer then install different operating system in program to allow install for you to try it out. If you don't like, just delete operating system from list in program and folder (It can find path on your computer running Vista, 7, 8, and 10: C:\Users\yourusernamehere\Documents\Virtual Machines\here ) without wipe your real operating system, it's very safe to use. There is no risk to your important files on your hard drive or SSD. It's easy for us and we love to learn to try different operating system on our computer. You won't be disappoint with them, just fun for us. :)

Microsoft want our money and force us to upgrade to new operating is waste our money. Don't listen to Microsoft.

Last edited by console,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Windows 10 is actually very good !
If you use the Pro version you have build in Hypervisor, you have a rather good security built in so you won't need an extra AV programm, unlike in Win8 you do have the Start menue back and if you want you can remove the tiles and leave only the good old menue (except for the stupid 1#ABCD... which is kind of annoying and makes the menue stupidly big) plus unlike W7 you have like in W8 i think all/most stuff linked in the menue if you go to the lower left of the screen and do a right click.

And another thing, even many are angry with all the updates, they realy seem to try to fix some stuff ! like before there were some people who couldn't even change their resolution anymore as it was hidden very stupidly now its all back to where it belongs. So I guess they either see their mistakes or hear what the people say.

And even though most Windows fans wouldn't use the Linux support and most Linux fans would never use Windows even with linux support it is there or at least it will be there ....

I guess depending on what you like there are a whole lot more things that are good and probably enough that are bad but hey I for one like it very much.

Even though we just completed rolling W7 out about 2 years ago I would still be happy if we would upgrade to W10 in my company

P.S. you want to become an IT guy and or a Hacker so even if you don't like it you will have to life with new stuff ! as an IT guy you need to know about this to use it and help others with it and if you are going to be a hacker someday you will at least have to use it to find holes you could abuse (maybe not use but at least understand)

Last edited by Youkai,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because they're getting money by selling your information.

they are not, they don't even know who you are -.-V
and if you are as paranoid as you seem to be saying stuff like this, you could easily block outgoing trafic with your firewall or just take your computer offline.

Even if Microsoft would want to take all your Private data it is impossible because the ammount of data would be more than any company could store and look trough.
Most data that windows sends back to MS are annonymous statistics and crash reports ...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3190...ettings-whats-new-in-the-creators-update.html

Last edited by Youkai,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's also not legacyware.
how not? half the settings stuff is still in the old controll painel, it looks like OS in transition

Game mode is pretty boss
you mean the overlay thing? most games i own are in steam or other DRM thing like origin.. which they have their own overlays as well.. also plenty of people use other programs\software with their own overlays
you can never be out of in game overlays...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
they are not, they don't even know who you are -.-V
and if you are as paranoid as you seem to be saying stuff like this, you could easily block outgoing trafic with your firewall or just take your computer offline.

Even if Microsoft would want to take all your Private data it is impossible because the ammount of data would be more than any company could store and look trough.
Most data that windows sends back to MS are annonymous statistics and crash reports ...
lol... it's really naive to think they can't process all the information..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over