Gaming Im trying to figure out a way to run ds games in 3ds mode

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't, unless you use an emulator. The 3DS has 2 processors, a newer one that runs the 3DS games and an older DS-compatible one. The older one is used to run DS games in DS mode, but it is also used as an important system co-processor in 3DS mode.

Reactions: fmkid

FlamingLazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't, unless you use an emulator. The 3DS has 2 processors, a newer one that runs the 3DS games and an older DS-compatible one. The older one is used to run DS games in DS mode, but it is also used as an important system co-processor in 3DS mode.
are there any ds emulators for the 3ds that run at full fps?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
are there any ds emulators for the 3ds that run at full fps?
I don't think so. However, if you just want to record gameplay of DS games while using the 3DS as the controller, you could use a DS emulator on your computer and 3DSController to use the 3DS as the controller in the emulator running on your computer. https://github.com/CTurt/3DSController/
There's TWiLight Menu, which runs ds games natively, that is, not an emulator. It's 90% perfect in my eyes.
That runs natively and is not an emulator, so it runs in DS mode.

FlamingLazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think so. However, if you just want to record gameplay of DS games while using the 3DS as the controller, you could use a DS emulator on your computer and 3DSController to use the 3DS as the controller in the emulator running on your computer.

That runs natively and is not an emulator, so it runs in DS mode.
would the touch screen work?

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure, I haven't used that program in a long time and I don't remember if the touchscreen was supported in it. You could still try.

It does I played quite a bit of Zelda Spirit Tracks and Dementium with the stylus (both heavily rely on it) it works fine.

Reactions: IC_

FlamingLazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It does I played quite a bit of Zelda Spirit Tracks and Dementium with the stylus (both heavily rely on it) it works fine.
will the screen copy the windows screen or will it stay black, because if it is black then the touch screen will be sort of difficult to use

D

Deleted User

What do you mean copy the windows screen? It's identical to playing on a real ds both screens work.

D

Deleted User

I researched more on this and found that it doesn't show the gameplay on the ds screen
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/427hcn/3dscontroller_example_use_your_3ds_as_a/

Says right in the link you posted "3dscontroller use your 3ds as a controller for pc" how would you conclude that's the same thing as an emulator for 3ds that plays ds games?

I see you were discussing two different things and confused things. I was only talking about the ds emulator that plays on 3ds which you asked about directly.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.