GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m nearsighted so I normally need my glasses when watching tv or in the classroom. However, when reading or looking at my phone, I have to take them off. Do other people who wear glasses have this problem? Are contacts like this?

Reactions: NoNAND

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have a bad prescription bud

Your lens correction should correct your vision near and far

When is the last time you had your eyes checked?

Now there is a condition called presbyopia whereby your eyes lose the ability to shape the lens - and you need what are called bifocals. These special glasses have two lenses for each eye which allow correction for both near and far vision

What is your prescription?

Anecdote here: I see better near and far with glasses and contacts

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Have you tried bifocals?

The idea is to keep glasses on even when looking at nearby stuff, because that's how eyes work. They refocus on objects as necessary. It will be strenuous on your eyes to focus on nearby objects while wearing glasses in the beginning; you're not used to the strain because when you're near-sighted that's the default focal point and your eyes are relaxed when looking at objects near to you. But for people with normal vision the relaxed state is the thousand yard stare, and looking at things close up requires refocusing. You get used to it with time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if looking at nearby stuff is too much of a strain with the glasses on, it's very likely you have a bad prescription. You should probably get your vision rechecked.

Last edited by Veho,
Reactions: GhostLatte

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried bifocals?

The idea is to keep glasses on even when looking at nearby stuff, because that's how eyes work. They refocus on objects as necessary. It will be strenuous on your eyes to focus on nearby objects while wearing glasses in the beginning; you're not used to the strain because when you're near-sighted that's the default focal point and your eyes are relaxed when looking at objects near to you. But for people with normal vision the relaxed state is the thousand yard stare, and looking at things close up requires refocusing. You get used to it with time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if looking at nearby stuff is too much of a strain with the glasses on, it's very likely you have a bad prescription. You should probably get your vision rechecked.
That probably is the case. The prescription I’m using is a few years old but I’m going to be getting new glasses very soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    need food? just grow some potatoes or whatever veggie. But society just messes shit up and make us work for paper to buy food
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    being poor and healthy is the worst case scenario because you have the longest amount of time to "enjoy" being poor
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    Yeah back in my late teens I used to mow about 10 lawns every two weeks for $35 a yard. It was stupid big yards I knew where paying a lot more than that to lawn care companies in a some what up tier gated community a few blocks from the area I lived. Was great getting $700 a month with no bills at the time and good excercise too, now I have bills so I never have any money to buy things.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yet kids are always like I WANNA BE ADULT
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish I could go back to 14, living at home free and little to no worries.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kids still have bs getting manipulated easily, believing dumb youtube content etc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If I could go back, I'd be more of a horn ball than I am now. I'd be chasing all the girls I never had the balls to back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd drop out of school sooner
    Yeah I would probably drop out sooner too, the country ass high school I went to wouldn't know intelligence if it hit the up side the head.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used to play those goonies games on NES, used to piss me off
    I think the most frustrating nes game as a kid to me was contra.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i got school tomorrow, night yall
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Imagine still going to school in 2024... Wild times we live in.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    @BigOnYa My most-hated game on the NES was gilligan's island. Couldn't figure out the controls. Played it on actual hardware. Super frustrating, and boring as shit.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Blue name in chat :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Jayro, you realize not everyone is the same age here right
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Jayro reminds me of GYRO! :P
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm not a greek taco. "Jayro" is pronounced similar to "J.Lo" (Jennifer Lopez). Not "Gyro" like gyroscope or the pitabread taco thing...
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    "Jay-row" Like that.