GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m nearsighted so I normally need my glasses when watching tv or in the classroom. However, when reading or looking at my phone, I have to take them off. Do other people who wear glasses have this problem? Are contacts like this?

Reactions: NoNAND

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have a bad prescription bud

Your lens correction should correct your vision near and far

When is the last time you had your eyes checked?

Now there is a condition called presbyopia whereby your eyes lose the ability to shape the lens - and you need what are called bifocals. These special glasses have two lenses for each eye which allow correction for both near and far vision

What is your prescription?

Anecdote here: I see better near and far with glasses and contacts

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Have you tried bifocals?

The idea is to keep glasses on even when looking at nearby stuff, because that's how eyes work. They refocus on objects as necessary. It will be strenuous on your eyes to focus on nearby objects while wearing glasses in the beginning; you're not used to the strain because when you're near-sighted that's the default focal point and your eyes are relaxed when looking at objects near to you. But for people with normal vision the relaxed state is the thousand yard stare, and looking at things close up requires refocusing. You get used to it with time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if looking at nearby stuff is too much of a strain with the glasses on, it's very likely you have a bad prescription. You should probably get your vision rechecked.

Last edited by Veho,
Reactions: GhostLatte

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried bifocals?

The idea is to keep glasses on even when looking at nearby stuff, because that's how eyes work. They refocus on objects as necessary. It will be strenuous on your eyes to focus on nearby objects while wearing glasses in the beginning; you're not used to the strain because when you're near-sighted that's the default focal point and your eyes are relaxed when looking at objects near to you. But for people with normal vision the relaxed state is the thousand yard stare, and looking at things close up requires refocusing. You get used to it with time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if looking at nearby stuff is too much of a strain with the glasses on, it's very likely you have a bad prescription. You should probably get your vision rechecked.
That probably is the case. The prescription I’m using is a few years old but I’m going to be getting new glasses very soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs