Hacking I'm on an ancient Henkaku (2016) - any risk of updating? What will I loose?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some people are lost causes and are still afraid of their own shadow. No matter how much sense it makes this guy is still just gonna play around with the whole "newer is scary" catch phrase. No point in advising him, he just won't get it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

The opposite approach, updating even if there is no need or benefit, just because it's newer is not a better way to look at things. I'm a software developer myself and I always think long and hard before changing something in my source code. Sometimes if a software doesn't cause bugs or if the benefits from updating to a newer version don't warrant the risk and effort of updating, you just don't update.

My old Henkaku version served its purpose and it never caused any crashes or bugs in 2 1/2 years. Every Maidump worked flawlessly and I never had any save corruption despite playing Vita games permanently. Now a game came along that required an update of Henkaku, so I did it. What's not understandable about the concept of only updating when the necessity arises?

Last edited by moonblood666,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The 3.60 VS 3.65 argument is an old hat, the only valid reason to be in 3.65 instead of 3.60 is because you want newer plugins you weren't able to make it work on 3 60, that's it. On the other hand if you use a lot of old plugins, stay on 3.60. It doesn't hurt 3.60 is more stable.

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The 3.60 being "more stable" is another old hat as it's the same thing. There is nothing different on 3.65 that makes it "unstable" or whatever.

People confuse the installation process with the actual functionality the exploit provides.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The 3.60 being "more stable" is another old hat as it's the same thing. There is nothing different on 3.65 that makes it "unstable" or whatever.

People confuse the installation process with the actual functionality the exploit provides.

3.60 is a permapatch, 3 65 is not

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
3.60 is a permapatch, 3 65 is not
First of all, they are not "perma-patches"; the exploit, Henkaku, can be applied automatically on 3.60. This is not custom firmware, but an exploit.

Second, 3.65 also has Enso, which achieves the exact same damn thing that 3.60 Enso does.

Third, all of this talk about "being more stable" is still nonsense as they do the same thing.

RedL

Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's even worse that the 3.60 vs 3.65 debate, we are discussing Henkaku release versions here >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill