I am new to PSTV, please some help VitaShell OFFLINE solution ?

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello PS fans, thanks for reading this text :) hopefully someone has time to help a little bit.

Short story. I have some knowledge for homebrew on Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3 and Wii. The Vita / TV is complete new for me with zero knowledge. The only reason to do it, is because of the PC ports like Shadow Warrior and QIII or RTCW that only I want to play.

Since I have zero knowledge, I had buy a CFW PSTV on ebay, it has already Henkaku installed with 3.60. The ebay seller had also send me a USB stick.

I had start the first time the PSTV and it had show me VitaShell and some emulators. When I had start it the console the second time, all emulators was lost and only Vitashell was left. I was not sure what to do, so I had formated the USB stick, after that VitaShell was also removed. Nothing is on my PSTV, but Henkaku is still on it. Vitashell was on the USB stick.

I had understand that I need Vitashell to install my PC ports. So how can I bring Vitashell back ?

Second question : I want all offline ! I had read that I need always internet conection to redo the henkaku hack.
But I had found this -> HENkaku Offline Installer.
Is it possible to use the offline installer to use always the PC Ports, without any internet and for the future ?
Always use internet is not the solution for me. I had also read that other members has problems with USB mode, is it true ?
It seems that files gets delete on USB stick over times.?!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello PS fans, thanks for reading this text :) hopefully someone has time to help a little bit.

Short story. I have some knowledge for homebrew on Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3 and Wii. The Vita / TV is complete new for me with zero knowledge. The only reason to do it, is because of the PC ports like Shadow Warrior and QIII or RTCW that only I want to play.

Since I have zero knowledge, I had buy a CFW PSTV on ebay, it has already Henkaku installed with 3.60. The ebay seller had also send me a USB stick.

I had start the first time the PSTV and it had show me VitaShell and some emulators. When I had start it the console the second time, all emulators was lost and only Vitashell was left. I was not sure what to do, so I had formated the USB stick, after that VitaShell was also removed. Nothing is on my PSTV, but Henkaku is still on it. Vitashell was on the USB stick.

I had understand that I need Vitashell to install my PC ports. So how can I bring Vitashell back ?

Second question : I want all offline ! I had read that I need always internet conection to redo the henkaku hack.
But I had found this -> HENkaku Offline Installer.
Is it possible to use the offline installer to use always the PC Ports, without any internet and for the future ?
Always use internet is not the solution for me. I had also read that other members has problems with USB mode, is it true ?
It seems that files gets delete on USB stick over times.?!
Why can't u use internet on it?

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use the internet one time to install all the files is ok, but its not a solution for me to use the internet all the time. It must all work without internet otherwise its useless for me.
The big question, why is Vitashell delete and all the emulators from the USB stick ? And how can I bring back Vitashell with USB or better on the TV for self ?
Its all what I have, PSTV with henkaku and the USB stick and my PC with internet. I also want all homebrews on USB stick, so I can make a backup zip file from it. So maybe it get delete again, so I can use the backup file. Is it possible to do it ? In the end my PSTV must work standalone without internet.

found this ->
HENkaku Offline Installer
By molecule
Run this homebrew once with HENkaku installed and hijack the email application to install HENkaku again the next reboot–no internet needed.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a video on youtube with the name 'PS VITA how to reinstall Vita Shell', this is exactly my problem. Vitashell is lost from USB. But henkaku is still working. All is lost, I can not install anything.

@ Desraptor :​

This with enso sounds very good for me, but first I need vitashell back. Or do I not need vitashell to do enso ?
My english is not the best, sorry for that.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rerun henkaku to install molecularshell, maybe its still already on your sustem. With molecularshell u can install any application in vpk format.
http://henkaku.xyz/usage/
For hole installation including enso, check the previous postet guide.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your time.
Yeah the guide for enso says, installation need molecularShell or VitaShell.

Why is Vitashell lost or not show up ? oh man.
Yeah I was think the same, install all new. Is the youtube video good 'PS VITA how to reinstall Vita Shell' ? So i can not make any mistake ? I was not wanting to do this step, but ok there is maybe no other solution.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If vitashell was installed on the drive its gone.
Ya, u have to rerun henkaku, when molecularshell is installed use it to install vitashell.vpk.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I had install henkaku again step by step, with the youtube video, it was easy and fast working. I had not expect it so easy.
Now I have molecularshell on the PSTV, not on the USB drive this time. The stuff from the ebay seller was all on USB drive. I had also make the console Off and On this time. The first install for henkaku was not working, he had say I must Format my memory card first, after that it was working, with pressing very fast R1 button.

I will now remove the internet from PSTV and will try to install Vitashell via USB. And after that hopefully I can install enso with USB ?

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am currently move the enso.vpk and VitaShell.vpk to the USB via PC in data folder. I see on my PC the USB stick is now formated and all is show up again like from the ebay seller. I see that Vitashell is on USB drive, but its not show up on the home screen ? I had read when you install henkaku it automatical install Vitashell. the same problem like yesterday.

Anway, vitashell is not show up, I will install it again trying USB offline.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Henkaku installs Molecularshell, then u need open Moleculardhell and move to the vitashell.vpk and run it. Then same with enso.vpk
Be sure to activate " enable unsafe homebrew" in henkaky settings.

I advice u to check posted Tutorials, there is everything explained and easy.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah sorry, I know to read the faqs first. But since I do not know what the ebay seller did with the PSTV its all confused.

molecularshell do not work with USB, so I must use FTP and try it again.

Reactions: Sypherone

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you help me more than you can think. thanks.

Anyway the FTP over molecularshell is not working, do not know. Unsafe mode is on. So the last step for vitashell and enso is not working.
Is there a other way to bring the VPK files into the PSTV ? Maybe a webbrowser installer or something ?
Currently frustrated, all working now back, but last step missing.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But molecularshell show that the ftp server is on? Normaly it shows a IP and port to connect to.
On Pc try Filezilla for the ftp session.
On Smartphone, maybe Android, get Filemanager+ (plus) and try to access over ftp to the vita.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The FTP over Wifi was my own problem, this is now fixed. Not the guides are be blamed.

I had install Vitashell and enso with molecularshell over FTP. Now Vitashell and enso is show up in the home menu. I had open enso and install it. But enso give me error and download and install 3.60 PUP again. After that the screen switch from 1080i back to 480p and its all black for 1 minute.
Henkaku is now complete removed ! And vitashell and enso is also not show up anymore. Its all delete. oh man

Good news I could install henkaku again. enso make trouble, why ?

EDIT : enso is finally working. many thanks for the help. :)

One new problem, Vitashell will not read anymore the USB stick.

Last edited by peter8,
Reactions: Sypherone

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT 2 :

Problem USB with vitashell fixed. First mount uma0:, after that mount USB ux0:, all working now.

Now I try to install Shadow Warrior VPK that what I mostly love to play and it comes Error 0xFFFFFFFF.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT 2 :

Problem USB with vitashell fixed. First mount uma0:, after that mount USB ux0:, all working now.

Now I try to install Shadow Warrior VPK that what I mostly love to play and it comes Error 0xFFFFFFFF.
Normaly if everything is right it should run.
How i see its a PSP Port. On Vita u can install Adrenalin wich gives u the ability to run each PSP game on Vita. And if u use gpatch and is support, it could be play with nativ resolution.

For other games that are dumped with NoNpDRM u need: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
else Maidump wich is normaly outdayted

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over