antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
Claiming it has 9 squares is a little bit stretching it don't you think. I can see where those hidden 2 squares come from, but isn't that a bit stretching?

I think we better raise white flag to stop this "flame war".
No it's not a stretch, as others have pointed out, the game does do this for other puzzles and probably did this for this solution too.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
This puzzle looks difficult , I really can't remember 2 years ago but a far as I can see here this answer is wrong a square is a completely equal the two first squares in the middle row are
Not equal their kind of lopd sided

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Coreyfrog7 said:
This puzzle looks difficult , I really can't remember 2 years ago but a far as I can see here this answer is wrong a square is a completely equal the two first squares in the middle row are
Not equal their kind of lopd sided
*facepalm* x 50

Go back and read what I wrote immediately under it.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
I read that already an if that was done onthe actual ds it would be even more lopsided I think it's absolutely wrong

"Face palm" and il times it by 51 because I'm awesomer

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Coreyfrog7 said:
I read that already an if that was done onthe actual ds it would be even more lopsided I think it's absolutely wrong

"Face palm" and il times it by 51 because I'm awesomer
Go read post #27 of this thread.

Deceptionex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So does everyone now agree that both of Eon-Rider's arguments fail?
1) His alternate solution has 9 squares instead of 7.
2) His definition of the world use is null and void, as he can not properly interpret meaning in the game. His sole purpose now is to "grasp for straws and discredit the original solution" (great choice of words by antwill).

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Deceptionex said:
2) His definition of the world use is null and void, as he can not properly interpret meaning in the game. His sole purpose now is to "grasp for straws and discredit the original solution" (great choice of words by antwill).

Could not agree more
tongue.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Deceptionex said:

Just stop, dude. You have already stated your point(s) multiple times in this thread, so either say something that adds to this conversation, or shut the hell up.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deceptionex said:

When the game used the word "use" they were not specific on whether it meant creating a 90 degree using two ropes on it is one use or putting a string on it is one use. Also, stop eliciting his arguments and how they are "fail" to you.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BloodyFlame said:
Deceptionex said:

When the game used the word "use" they were not specific on whether it meant creating a 90 degree using two ropes on it is one use or putting a string on it is one use. Also, stop eliciting his arguments and how they are "fail" to you.
To be fair, they also fail to the game or they would have used that solution as, as he has pointed out, it is impossible to only use one peg with one piece of string and get the solution they accept. What it comes down to is interpretation of the games instructions, and the fact that he clearly didn't use any hint coins.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
don't mean to ignite dying flames but in the parrot minigame in the third game you can only attach one rope to each peg (not sure of the exact wording they used but i think they said each peg could only be used once)

just thought i'd mention it..

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
BloodyFlame said:
Deceptionex said:

To be fair, they also fail to the game or they would have used that solution as, as he has pointed out, it is impossible to only use one peg with one piece of string and get the solution they accept. What it comes down to is interpretation of the games instructions, and the fact that he clearly didn't use any hint coins.

I don't see how argument #2 is fail to the game, but I can see #1 fail, no offense to Eon-Rider.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BloodyFlame said:
I don't see how argument #2 is fail to the game, but I can see #1 fail, no offense to Eon-Rider.
Because they meant you can only use it once in a square, as most people tend to work out from the wording, he believed you could only use one piece of string on it, instead of it being one corner as people have pointed out. The hint coins even prove this to be correct, as they specifically state that is what the game meant. So really this topic could have been avoided had he used just 1 hint coin...

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
BloodyFlame said:
Because they meant you can only use it once in a square, as most people tend to work out from the wording, he believed you could only use one piece of string on it, instead of it being one corner as people have pointed out. The hint coins even prove this to be correct, as they specifically state that is what the game meant. So really this topic could have been avoided had he used just 1 hint coin...

That would mean a hint coin would be close to required to solve the puzzle. If the puzzle was worded better, then all of this would've been avoided, also. I see your point, but I still don't see #2 as a fail.

Deceptionex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys consider how it's impossible to solve the puzzle unless you connect 2 ropes to each pin? If it were actually possible, Eon-Rider would be a genius, but the problem here it is clearly IMPOSSIBLE to completely the puzzle while only attaching 1 rope to each pin.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Deceptionex said:
geminisama said:
This topic is srs fucking bzns. You guys are both cool for engaging in such an important discussion.
Yeah, this guy pretty much sums up this whole thread.

mobile_troll.jpg

Hey, now go add me. Now. Or the consequences will never be the same. And I mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1