I'm about to hack my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pou, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Pou
    OP

Pou Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2007
    Brazil
    I know that there's a place to ask questions, but it says to pm the guy and his pm box is full so... i'm posting here, and it's just some stupid questions, so i think it'll be fast and painless =P

1: I know how to see your firmware version, but mine is 3.3 and i don't know if it's v1 or v2... how can i know this? If it's v2 it would show 3.3v2 instead of just 3.3?

2: I saw a lot of topics with different images to use on the backup loader channel... how do i change my image to those which i can download here?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!

3. Pou
    OP

Pou Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2007
    Brazil
    About your answer in question 1... So, the only way to know if it's v1 or v2 it's when you're installing WADs? Or as i said before, if it was 3.3v2, would it show 3.3v2 and 3.3v1, it shows only 3.3?
    If it helps, i'll reformulate my question...
    I know how to see my wii firmware version, and mine is 3.3... but how can i know if it's v1 or v2? It shows 3.3v2 for v2 and only 3.3 for v1?

Thanks for the help.

4. Puma

Puma GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    If you can access the shop channel, your on v2, if not, your on v1.

5. Pou
    OP

Pou Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2007
    Brazil
    then i'm on v2...
    Damn, gotta downgrade then.
    Thanks a lot guys
    I'm gonna wait my copy of twilight princess and then i'm going to follow this tutorial ( http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html )
    and i'm also gonna install the gamecube backup loader....
    Awesome.
    Thanks again, cya =]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice