Gaming Ikaruga DS

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
Well since its a vertical shooter I think it would work great on 2 screen stacked on top of each other.

I agree, the DS is a great choice when it comes to shmups.

Just look at Nanostray, and Nanostray 2 (even though they only use one screen for the action, they still play great on the DS).

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
xcalibur said:
Well since its a vertical shooter I think it would work great on 2 screen stacked on top of each other.

I agree, the DS is a great choice when it comes to shmups.

Just look at Nanostray, and Nanostray 2 (even though they only use one screen for the action, they still play great on the DS).

And Geometry Wars!

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
i tried to make an ikaruga game in Java for a project for school and it worked pretty well

then i decided to make it on the nintendo DS, and it gave something like this
http://t4ils.free.fr/java/javaruga/IkarugaDS.zip
you can just move around, change color (with R) and take a look at the bullets falling from the upper screen
tongue.gif

i'm not planning to continue it right now

Ikaruga on DS would be a great thing i think ^^

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with DrKupo on this one, The gamecube and dreamcast versions were ok. Not a patch on the 360 live arcade version! This game would be shockingly bad on the DS, The machine has nowhere near enough power to keep this game moving and not to mention being taken out every few seconds when enemy fire goes "between" screens
frown.gif

Fail!

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirt1000 said:
I agree with DrKupo on this one, The gamecube and dreamcast versions were ok. Not a patch on the 360 live arcade version! This game would be shockingly bad on the DS, The machine has nowhere near enough power to keep this game moving and not to mention being taken out every few seconds when enemy fire goes "between" screens
frown.gif

Fail!

It would be shockingly bad on the far more powerful PSP as well, the game belongs on a big ass screen.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DrKupo said:
squirt1000 said:
frown.gif

Fail!

It would be shockingly bad on the far more powerful PSP as well, the game belongs on a big ass screen.

I thought of that too, but it would suck worse on a PSP since the game is a vertical shooter yet the PSP has a widescreen which is quite short too...

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
DrKupo said:
squirt1000 said:
frown.gif

Fail!

I thought of that too, but it would suck worse on a PSP since the game is a vertical shooter yet the PSP has a widescreen which is quite short too...

On the other hand, it may run at a solid frame rate on the PSP. Treasure would be much better off making a new shump for handheld systems rather than trying to port Ikaruga.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about having the DS vertically, like when you play Ninja Gaiden? One Screen dedicated to the game other to lives etc.. If they were really good, they could have one screen for black bullets and the other screen for white.. mix and match. Just a thought.

buddha-kun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

you can play the PSP on "tate" mode perfectly... the shmups on the capcom collection prove that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg