Igarashi interested in 2D Castlevania WiiWare game!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 8, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    "A portion of a C3 interview with Koji Igarashi...

C3: If Castlevania Judgment proves to be highly successful, is it likely a Wii sequel will be made? And would you consider making a version for DS in the future considering the strong fan-base already on that system?

KI: If this proves to be highly successful, a sequel is highly possible. It'll be a shame to quit after just one try? A DS version might be possible, too.

But first, this title must succeed, so I hope you will support this one.

C3: A lot of readers are very passionate about the 2D Castlevania games, so we have to ask this question: Considering 'Wario Land: The Shake Dimension' has been so popular, will you ever consider a 2D Castlevania either for Wii or WiiWare?

KI: I am very interested in the option. I truly hope that the 2D market will be revitalised. I need your support to do that. Let's make the 2D market (world) more exciting!!"

Sure, it's not saying much, but at least he's interested! There's always a possibility.

Source

2. Waddle Dee

Waddle Dee GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    ... A computer desk?
    This is the greatest news I have seen in a LONG while... although, if a new Castlevania comes out, it better be more like Circle of the Moon or Dawn of Sorrow than Ecclesia or PoR... I like my big castle maps XD

With the hardware on the wii... we could have a HUGE casle. And instead of hand-drawn graphics (wich are always beautiful) it would b awesome to see 3D graphics. Although, sty on the 2D plane - we all know what happened with 3D castlvania...

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    So what you're saying is that instead of beautiful hand-drawn graphics, you want 3D models? Do you have a reason for this or do you just think 3D things are superior?

4. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, the media has been prodding him on this matter for a while now. I hope we see it at some point, and I hope he opts for a 3D engine.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I would like a high resolution 2D game [​IMG]
    sadly it will be 480p only, but that's already better than old consoles or even DS.

I think the game could be in 2D, but the map in 3D. something like doors to change direction into the castle to other area making the castle even bigger, not a plane castle.

6. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    I would hate it to have 3D models. Imagine how amazing it would look entirely handrawn... it would take forever, but it would look fantastic.