If you could only play stuff released for 1 console, which console would you choose?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii U is the most underrated console ever.
I'm not sure about that.

I mean, I had a Wii U, I still have it because there's a couple of games I got for it that I still want to play... but the system was not that nice, the tablet battery live was worse than a DS4's (and that's terrible already), and the OS was slow and clunky.

Hmmm...

Krakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the Wii. It had some of the best games I've ever played on there. Too bad the Wi-Fi connections got shut down, but there's always Homebrew! ;) (Flashbacks of bricking my virtual Wii. I am dead inside)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
PC isn't a choice... keep in mind there were no games for pc in this dimention\universe
it would be petty unfair since pc exists forever and you would get games all over since DOS until today's games giving a clear unadvantage
fuck you.
I want my jill of the jungle, jazz jackrabbit, commander keen, doom, duke nukem and all of those classics that you can't find in those shitty consoles.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, , Reason: typo
Reactions: M7L7NK7

bpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a modded Wii U. Can play pretty much the entire Nintendo Library(Emulation, VC, Nintendont for GC, Wii, etc) plus the Wii U titles. Along with other console emulators and VC.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Since PC isn't an option, I'd go with PS4.

I love me some older games, but I'm sure there will be enough content on the PS4 by the end of its life to keep me entertained for the rest of my life. There are enough PS2 and PS3 remasters to keep my nostalgia going as well. I'd miss a lot of Nintendo games, but there are enough similar games on the PS4 to those titles to scratch that itch.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Can I choose arcade games?
I feel not, for the same reason as PC, but then could I just choose like one specific arcade system?
Also if so you should be able to choose a certain PC system or OS since it would be basically limited to the games of the time if you ban upgrades and emulation (no way I'm playing dos games on windows 10 natively :P)

well my choices, based on if they're allowed or not:

PC (if a certain system/os, pentium III with win 98)
Arcade (if a certain system, JAMMA. If that's not allowed, then just Taito games)
DS. (If GBA ports are allowed like Phoenix Wright)
GBA (If Bubble Bobble Old & New is allowed)
and then SNES.

other close systems are Gamecube through Wii U, PS2 through PS4, OG Xbox, PSP and Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: