DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if trolling...
No, was refering to this:
I totally paid £300 for a console to play games I played four years ago.
Call me back when the switch starts getting more current AAA third party games compared to old already released ones.
I would prefer Borderlands 1 + 2 as a duology on Switch but this is better than nothing at all.

Is that guy for real though? or is it just typical twitter banter?
If they ever do that be prepared for just one of the two borderlands to come in the cartridge and the other one will have to be downloaded because switch tax.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just looking to catch up, mind explaining what happened with Aliens?
tldr: Gearbox (of which Pitchford is the CEO) made the absolutely terrible Aliens: Colonial Marines. Then, after poor reviews started to flood in, he effectively went full "This is fine" and started retweeting tweets from people who allegedly liked the game (note that these were the only tweets these Twitter accounts ever posted. I'm not saying that Pitchford made alt accounts to make his game look better by the way. I'm just pointing out something). Then, when Jim Sterling (one of the reviewers) went on to criticize Randy on Twitter, Pitchford then made the highly mature move of blocking Jim.

People don't really like Gearbox since that.

Oh yeah, and Pitchford pretended to forgot Jims' name on an interview with IGN recently (on the matter of A:CM and it's reception) which rekindled most of these fires.

Beyond that, they're just another AAA company. Same old bullshit you usually see from that as well.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I have a question, people are only retweeting the image of the conversation not directly to the gearbox ceo, how is this going to show him the 1mill retweet if this isn't the direct post conversation.
You ask this as if the 1 million retweets thing is somewhere within the realm of possibility. Or that Randy would ever own up to it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tldr: Gearbox (of which Pitchford is the CEO) made the absolutely terrible Aliens: Colonial Marines. Then, after poor reviews started to flood in, he effectively went full "This is fine" and started retweeting tweets from people who allegedly liked the game (note that these were the only tweets these Twitter accounts ever posted. I'm not saying that Pitchford made alt accounts to make his game look better by the way. I'm just pointing out something). Then, when Jim Sterling (one of the reviewers) went on to criticize Randy on Twitter, Pitchford then made the highly mature move of blocking Jim.

People don't really like Gearbox since that.

Oh yeah, and Pitchford pretended to forgot Jims' name on an interview with IGN recently (on the matter of A:CM and it's reception) which rekindled most of these fires.

Beyond that, they're just another AAA company. Same old bullshit you usually see from that as well.

Well actually you missed where they siphoned funds from Aliens to pay for Boarderlands 2. They flat out lied and showed trailers that where not even close to the final game *and this isn't the same as watchdogs where with a hack, PC gamers got something relatively close* and the refusal to let reviewers and media play the aliens at events, telling people "The aliens are complicated" when they meant "Broken."

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well actually you missed where they siphoned funds from Aliens to pay for Boarderlands 2. They flat out lied and showed trailers that where not even close to the final game *and this isn't the same as watchdogs where with a hack, PC gamers got something relatively close* and the refusal to let reviewers and media play the aliens at events, telling people "The aliens are complicated" when they meant "Broken."
I just know what I know. Unless there's direct proof of the former, (which given the nature of this kinda stuff I doubt just as there isn't any direct proof of ToG siphoning funds from Hiveswap to KQ) I won't state such things and as far as the latter goes: it's something I just didn't know about. One thing I will say though: Gearbox may be shit, but Konami is shitter.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just know what I know. Unless there's direct proof of the former, (which given the nature of this kinda stuff I doubt just as there isn't any direct proof of ToG siphoning funds from Hiveswap to KQ) I won't state such things and as far as the latter goes: it's something I just didn't know about. One thing I will say though: Gearbox may be shit, but Konami is shitter.

Sega sued them for it. if that isnt enough proof, i dont know what else is

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still think Gearbox is a piece of shit.
I won't mind seeing the entire series ported over, but just BL2? Not worth it and not giving them a million tweets, that they aren't legally required to follow up on. Seriously, this tweet isn't a legal document and they aren't required to follow through on it. Sure it would damage their reputation, but they apparently can withstand a poor reputation.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.