Hacking If reinstalling same version with sysupdater is it upgrade or downgrade?

crimpshrine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am going to use sysupdater to try re-installing the SAME version I currently am on, which option do you choose, upgrade or downgrade? What is the difference between each?

I have 3 (my kids) N3DS's that were all on 10.3 that I downgraded last night to 9.2.0-20U using:

e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e *9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip

They all downgraded fine from what it looked like, but the browserhax (I assume that is what it is) is not working on any of the 3. (yes, I tried all the steps to reformat, clear all browser settings cache etc) When I go to go.gateway-3ds.com it just freezes at GATEWAY 3DS LOADING screen.

So I thought maybe one of the 10.3 components is still in place, so now that it hacked I figured I would use normal sysupdater under 9.2.0-20U to re-install all the CIA's for 9.2.0-20U again to see if that helps.

Thanks

crimpshrine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another SD card, it is possible that hacks installed before the downgrade can cause some problems.
Also, on another SD card, put the boot.3DSX and try this link:
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php
if that doesn't work (try a few times), try this:
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php

Thanks

OK I will try that later. I did all 3 with different SD card's. They all downgraded "successfully" (they all report correct version now, no errors during sysupdater on any of the CIA's when installing, it made it to the end on each and rebooted after 10 seconds)

Does anyone know how to identify which CIA is responsible for what out of the updates folder? Being able to JUST re-install the browser cia would be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1