If reinstalling same version with sysupdater is it upgrade or downgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by crimpshrine, Jan 5, 2016.

1. crimpshrine
    OP

crimpshrine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    If I am going to use sysupdater to try re-installing the SAME version I currently am on, which option do you choose, upgrade or downgrade? What is the difference between each?

I have 3 (my kids) N3DS's that were all on 10.3 that I downgraded last night to 9.2.0-20U using:

e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e *9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip

They all downgraded fine from what it looked like, but the browserhax (I assume that is what it is) is not working on any of the 3. (yes, I tried all the steps to reformat, clear all browser settings cache etc) When I go to go.gateway-3ds.com it just freezes at GATEWAY 3DS LOADING screen.

So I thought maybe one of the 10.3 components is still in place, so now that it hacked I figured I would use normal sysupdater under 9.2.0-20U to re-install all the CIA's for 9.2.0-20U again to see if that helps.

Thanks

2. javicrazy

javicrazy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Maybe u just need to reinstall the browser cia

3. crimpshrine
    OP

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    Thanks, that would be worth a try. How do you determine which CIA out of all CIA's in the updates folder is for what specific app/piece? Is there a tool or a table or something?

4. Tjessx

Tjessx GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 3, 2014
    Belgium
  5. crimpshrine
    OP

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    Thanks

OK I will try that later. I did all 3 with different SD card's. They all downgraded "successfully" (they all report correct version now, no errors during sysupdater on any of the CIA's when installing, it made it to the end on each and rebooted after 10 seconds)

Does anyone know how to identify which CIA is responsible for what out of the updates folder? Being able to JUST re-install the browser cia would be interesting to see if that makes a difference.