If Minecraft has the world's dumbest pirates...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Then Terraria has the world's angriest fans.

shot.png

https://twitter.com/qvear/status/378572057157464064

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. League of legends community is #1 Worst community. Doesn't make their game bad though.
If that means someone new to the game will be ostracised (something of a problem with all DOTA clones from what I have seen) rather than accepted on any team that does actually count against it and could then be said to be a bad game. Similarly depending upon the person you are speaking to and/or your point of view the game actually creates the community -- assuming there is no team damage and assuming you can not hit the broad side of a barn and scoring is ratio driven you may still pull fire from me and be my meatshield thus I will have you on my team. Having unskilled player in a DOTA clone is seemingly a liability and will possibly (probably?) tank the team thus you have an inbuilt incentive to be very selective in team creation, something I would then argue is bad game design.

As for the OP..... it is probably for the best that I do not act as the face of a company like that. I would have probably said it was cancelled in jest and I imagine that would not have ended well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that means someone new to the game will be ostracised (something of a problem with all DOTA clones from what I have seen) rather than accepted on any team that does actually count against it and could then be said to be a bad game. Similarly depending upon the person you are speaking to and/or your point of view the game actually creates the community -- assuming there is no team damage and assuming you can not hit the broad side of a barn and scoring is ratio driven you may still pull fire from me and be my meatshield thus I will have you on my team. Having unskilled player in a DOTA clone is seemingly a liability and will possibly (probably?) tank the team thus you have an inbuilt incentive to be very selective in team creation, something I would then argue is bad game design.

As for the OP..... it is probably for the best that I do not act as the face of a company like that. I would have probably said it was cancelled in jest and I imagine that would not have ended well.

If you are Gold/Plat/Diamond rank(level 30) in League of Legends, you get less ragers. Plus if that's the case, would that make CoD a bad game?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The science of multiplayer/competition design is an interesting one (and one most game designers, and definitely most computer game tournament creators, do very poorly at, if they know the field exists at all). On COD then yeah it is a fairly well studied game among such fields, however the prestige stuff does not have the most effect on the overall game and Johnny just created an account 5 minutes ago can still get it done. If you meant the COD people getting irate when there are incompetent members on the team then yeah that is an example of a failing in COD's design, in some ways it is mitigated a bit by a focus on more individual stats.

As for the rank/level thing that is not a cure but a symptom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: