Hacking Question If I update fimware using ChoiDujuor then remove CFW. Can I go Online?

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello, I want to know if i use Hacdiskmount to remove files and then factory reset my NAND at 7.0.1. Can I go online? Or will I have to update using the Official Firmware and Burn Fuses.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Restore your NAND backup or clean the NAND with hacdiskmount. If the sysNAND is clean you could go online. But, always at your risk.
If you use ChoiDojourNX you have to boot a CFW = 100% ban risk

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to know if i use Hacdiskmount to remove files and then factory reset my NAND at 7.0.1. Can I go online? Or will I have to update using the Official Firmware and Burn Fuses.
If all you did was update with ChoiDujour, then it will probably be safe to go online. The risk is yours to take though.

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If all you did was update with ChoiDujour, then it will probably be safe to go online. The risk is yours to take though.
But that would mean that I still have CFW running though. As I just restored my NAND recently and I am willing to update.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that would mean that I still have CFW running though. As I just restored my NAND recently and I am willing to update.
You're going to need to be more specific, because unless you launched CFW from a bootloader, you don't have CFW running.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am running AutoRCM and updated my switch from 5.1.0 to 7.1.0 with ChoidujourNX. I'm running the Kosmos fork of Atmosphere. If i scroll down and select Stock boot (in the menu), would it be considered still running a CFW?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running AutoRCM and updated my switch from 5.1.0 to 7.1.0 with ChoidujourNX. I'm running the Kosmos fork of Atmosphere. If i scroll down and select Stock boot (in the menu), would it be considered still running a CFW?
That's different. The fact that you've used homebrew means it's not entirely safe to go online. The only way to be completely safe is by restoring a NAND backup from before you did any hackery.

Depending on what you did on your Switch, it might be only slightly risky to go online without restoring an old NAND backup first.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That's different. The fact that you've used homebrew means it's not entirely safe to go online. The only way to be completely safe is by restoring a NAND backup from before you did any hackery.

Depending on what you did on your Switch, it might be only slightly risky to go online without restoring an old NAND backup first.

but doesn't entering RCM and the mere act of backing up the NAND considered hackery?

regardless so technically now to be as safe as possible i should restore to the original 5.1.0, update via OFW to 7.1.0 and burn the fuses, and get rid of AutoRCM?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but doesn't entering RCM and the mere act of backing up the NAND considered hackery?
You don't alter the OS, so it shouldn't be detectable.

regardless so technically now to be as safe as possible i should restore to the original 5.1.0, update via OFW to 7.1.0 and burn the fuses, and get rid of AutoRCM?
Here is what I would do:
  1. Restore your NAND backup from before you did anything homebrew-related.
  2. (Re)install AutoRCM from Hekate.
  3. Run Atmosphere in "stock" mode.
  4. Update to 7.0.1 (doing so with Atmosphere will preserve AutoRCM during a system update as of 0.8.0).
Edit: You need to leave AutoRCM installed if you don't want to burn fuses.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Arithmatics

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I access choi fro Homebrew channel right then I install firmware then I shutdown? Is my SysNAND like clean or what?

shado9573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Restore your NAND backup or clean the NAND with hacdiskmount. If the sysNAND is clean you could go online. But, always at your risk.
If you use ChoiDojourNX you have to boot a CFW = 100% ban risk
I have it restored but im confused. Its a pre CFW restore so Id say it is clean but recommend using what. I know I can downgrade as I will have to use AutoRCM. So just update the official way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: