Hacking If I buy a wii u

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
It amazes me that you are only prepared to buy a console if it has a firmware that is exploitable unless you are a dev that wants to make homebrew. But Im guessing you arent a dev and just want them free games, I desso i take it devs who buy wiiu's to create homebrew are not gonna pirate the odd game or two here or there. i just can't believe how arrogant you GODS can be,and I say GODS as in your mind thats what you THINK you are....Just Don't get me started.....

Reactions: Subtle Demise

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not a dev, and learn to quote properly before ranting like a pissy schoolgirl. To add to this @BothyBhoy do you use a exploit? That a dev made? You really like to bite the hand that feeds, prick.

Last edited by davetheshrew,

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'm sure nintendo will be releasing a new firmware by next week, so I can't really update to just 5.5.0 right?
On the off chance Nintendo does release an update in the next week, just get a game bundled with an exploitable firmware. I'm not sure which games come with 5.5.x but I bet Star Fox Zero is a good bet.
You can use this list: http://wiiubrew.net/Firmware/WiiUDiscFirmware.html to find some games with 5.4.0 and 5.3.2, both of which have loadiine, but it hasn't been updated in a while, so nothing with 5.5.x.

Last edited by Deboog,

Mr_Root

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrying the pirating of games IS a contribution to the thread, and to the scene if you value Nintendo's future as a profitable company. It's just not what you wish to hear. I'm sure you, your 12 posts, and your apparent lack of basic software version knowledge will be of incalculable benefit to the homebrew scene.

I never said anything about pirating games?, I'm not sure what my post count has to do with *Software version knowledge*

Last edited by Mr_Root,

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
If I buy a wii U will it ship with an exploitable firmware? I don't think they'd update all of the console in the store lol..
You should be fine.

Just check what the latest firmware is before purchasing. Consoles do not get updated in shop. They get the firmware added when they are manufactured.

If a new firmware is released then just try and buy an older wii u bundle and not a new one

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... if you value Nintendo's future as a profitable company.

Nintendo doesn't value their own profitability. They have gotten lazy riding the fact that they have the majority of the portable market. They completely ignored what customers wanted and said this is what you are going to get. The WiiU was so short sighted. All the consoles this generation were rushed stop gap solutions, but Nintendo's WiiU is only going to last 4 years. Not many new titles, just a bunch of reboots. And most 3rd party companies don't even want to develop for the WiiU because they don't have the player bases and the console is so different. Like if they improved in just one area, I think it would have made a dramatic different in its success, but everything combine made it kind of lack luster.

I have like 2 dozen legit games for WiiU and the only ones I have finished is skylanders turbo and zombieU. The rest just sit hardly played. I feel kind of ripped off. You want to talk about ripping Nintendo off... I pay 50-60$ a game but they are just not as fun as games available for PC and other consoles at the same price.

Reactions: romeoondaline

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
are you really trying to imply that devs do not pirate games?????
where in that sentence did I say that? I personally dont pirate and dump my games off my own discs, as everyone should. If I was to say anything otherwise or promoted illegal acts I would be breaking the rules of this forum. I dont know about devs, ask them yourself.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't value their own profitability. They have gotten lazy riding the fact that they have the majority of the portable market. They completely ignored what customers wanted and said this is what you are going to get. The WiiU was so short sighted. All the consoles this generation were rushed stop gap solutions, but Nintendo's WiiU is only going to last 4 years. Not many new titles, just a bunch of reboots. And most 3rd party companies don't even want to develop for the WiiU because they don't have the player bases and the console is so different. Like if they improved in just one area, I think it would have made a dramatic different in its success, but everything combine made it kind of lack luster.

I have like 2 dozen legit games for WiiU and the only ones I have finished is skylanders turbo and zombieU. The rest just sit hardly played. I feel kind of ripped off. You want to talk about ripping Nintendo off... I pay 50-60$ a game but they are just not as fun as games available for PC and other consoles at the same price.

WiiU:
the amount of games bought: 1. (SSB)
the amount of games rented/pirated: 11
the amount of games i finished: 0.

it is safe to say that WiiU is the biggest ripoff nintendo produced

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just realized, Even if I do have a lower firmware the exploit should still work. Unless the memory regions are different.

The regions are different, but it's pretty easy to port programs around (#ifdef FIRMWARE_550 etc). For this reason the new gx2sploit works on basically all firmwares, although it's worth noting that if your console does come on an older firmware it's worth staying there (<5.2 has the start of an IOSU underway).

Gonna be awesome to see another dev on the scene. Don't worry about GBATemp screaming "piracy", there are alternative places that you'll find out about soon enough ^_^

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
are you really trying to imply that devs do not pirate games?????
I can guarantee that any they do, is strictly for testing out compatibility issues, for example apps like Loadiine. How else are devs supposed to make sure all the games you pirated work? Most devs, such as myself, are more interested in playing with our own creations, or modding games, I rarely actually play any games because of this, but I have bought 95% of the retail ones I've ever had booted on my console ...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Loadiine devs are against piracy, of course.

That is why they did not add the possibility to launch free DLC but still have the possibility to launch legit purchased from eShop.

Do not forgat that Loadiine should be a BACKUP loader.

I apologize for my english

Reactions: brienj

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sooooo...
You guys went from a reasonable question to the good old pirating debate?
@elisha I bought a WiiU for the Xenoblade X, and ended buying Bayonetta's 1&2 and TLoZ WW, and maybe i get Hyrule Warriors aswell, now that THANKS TO KEXPLOIT, i could try it and made myself an idea of the game mechanics.
What i mean is, if you do it, don't get a WiiU just for exploitable reasons, or you'll end it regretting it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine devs are against piracy, of course.

That is why they did not add the possibility to launch free DLC but still have the possibility to launch legit purchased from eShop.

Do not forgat that Loadiine should be a BACKUP loader.

I apologize for my english
I'm guessing that you have absolutely no idea how Loadiine works, then

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump your games/DLC.
Launched them without disc.
I am missing something ?
No, I mean how it functions. Loadiine is based of of Caffiine, which is a file replacement tool. The reason that it works is that it replaces ALL of the files with the files of the game it's infiltrating to get SD access (Sm4sh or Mii Maker). Because of this, it's limited on what it's allowed to load. Updates are expected to be merged with the game files on digital games, so they're basically plug 'n play, but DLC is more complicated because it's stored in separate location on the console's storage that the game you're replacing shouldn't have access to

Reactions: HoloryTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters