Hacking If 3DS-mode does get hacked

aalvi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would a flashcart like DSTWO be able to update and do whatever upgrades necessary to implement whatever may get the 3DS hacks going?

If i were to buy a flashcard now, would the introduction of 3DS hacks force me to buy some new flashcart?

...Then again if this was more like the Wii hacks, flash carts wouldn't be necessary for long.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
DStwo has space for the bootloader same as IEvolution
Acekard can prop bally handle it as well but might loose DS mode but who care right

but thats if it gets a good hack

otherwise new breed of Flashcards

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
aalvi said:
Would a flashcart like DSTWO be able to update and do whatever upgrades necessary to implement whatever may get the 3DS hacks going?IMHO - it would really depend on how the 3DS mode gets 'hacked', but I doubt that it'll be a simple procedure of changing the header file of the card to fool the 3DS - perhaps a total rewrite of the cards firmware MIGHT work though

QUOTE said:
If i were to buy a flashcard now, would the introduction of 3DS hacks force me to buy some new flashcart?Well it might be a while before the 3DS mode gets cracked, & even longer before a flashcart is made that uses this exploit (IIRC it's only been this year that a retail flashcart has been able to get 'DSi mode') so you could be waiting a long time before buying a flashcard

...Then again if this was more like the Wii hacks, flash carts wouldn't be necessary for long.
Well that'll mean that the 3DS firmware needs to be hacked/cracked for something like that to work... & AFAIK - there's never been a custom DSi firmware released, so I doubt the 3DS will either

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts, would be even if the present flash cards have the ability to to run in 3ds mode. The Flash Card companies would most likely say "No. sorry these old cards won't work, but the NEW ones Do$$$
tpi.gif
". They would want too rake in some fresh cash.

solofrags

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
you have not noticed that hackers have lost face with the nintendo 3ds? nintendo fucked hackers lol its been a while since the console was released and no achievement, Nintendo has set the bar very high and we will never see in Roma.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
solofrags said:
you have not noticed that hackers have lost face with the nintendo 3ds? nintendo fucked hackers lol its been a while since the console was released and no achievement, Nintendo has set the bar very high and we will never see in Roma.

How does this have anything to do with hackers? Meh looking at released consoles so far, some have taken longer to find exploits while others have been quite fast. Just wait.. It'll get there or not, but waiting is a good option...

-Qtis

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
solofrags said:

been a while? you think 3 months is a while? it tooke them about a year to hack Ds mode, the wii it took about a year for modchips to be created, i dont expect anything to be hacked until next year. It just takes time

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solofrags said:
you have not noticed that hackers have lost face with the nintendo 3ds? nintendo fucked hackers lol its been a while since the console was released and no achievement

if you count rom dumps and alleged play back by reputable scene group(LGC) as no achievement then yes. Did I mention save dumping(which is major convenience) is available commercially?

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
aalvi said:
Would a flashcart like DSTWO be able to update and do whatever upgrades necessary to implement whatever may get the 3DS hacks going?

If i were to buy a flashcard now, would the introduction of 3DS hacks force me to buy some new flashcart?

would be easyer than done to make a 3ds flashcart if we knew how to decrypt 3ds rom files extracted..............

only a possibility, not going to test it.

(and since Sudokuhax dsi ware exploit i think Nintendo would be smart enough to check all the new apps except for holes in old games that may have been ported like gbc and gb classics.....but if Nintendo were to mess up and leave a backdoor some where we didn't notice on the other hand then we could sniff it out on the mobo and use it but i highly doubt they did that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: