Homebrew [Idea] Noob SysNand/EmuNand checker

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set my theme on sysNAND to the default red colored theme (kind of as a DANGER message, red means bad) and then the emuNAND was just whatever custom theme I installed. That was back when I used emuNAND before converting to A9LH.
If you enter system settings (say for updating to a newer firmware) then most decent CFW will have some way to show you are in emuNAND instead of sysNAND (usually changing the text in front of the firmware number. You don't really need any more than that.

Reactions: Quantumcat

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's stupid.
afaik what you want can't actually happen. The CFW makes everything that runs on the system believe the SD is the NAND, and thus anything that runs within that CFW can't really tell which it is running from. And even if it is possible, it's not necessary because there are much easier ways to tell. Like the method I stated before where you just set a default theme (or no theme) on sysNAND and then set emuNAND theme to something else that you actually want to use. If you do that it's extremely easy to tell which you are in straight from the home menu.
Not trying to be rude, but you just don't like the answers you are getting, which in short are "it's not worth the time and effort to develop"

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
afaik what you want can't actually happen. The CFW makes everything that runs on the system believe the SD is the NAND, and thus anything that runs within that CFW can't really tell which it is running from. And even if it is possible, it's not necessary because there are much easier ways to tell. Like the method I stated before where you just set a default theme (or no theme) on sysNAND and then set emuNAND theme to something else that you actually want to use. If you do that it's extremely easy to tell which you are in straight from the home menu.
Not trying to be rude, but you just don't like the answers you are getting, which in short are "it's not worth the time and effort to develop"
That's not the reason. I asked for checking SysNand or EmuNand, not changing to SysNand. You could ask me what's my name, and I'm not saying I'm a boy. BTW, thanks for the answer.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the reason. I asked for checking SysNand or EmuNand, not changing to SysNand. You could ask me what's my name, and I'm not saying I'm a boy. BTW, thanks for the answer.
His answer was correct, you just misunderstood. If you open system settings it will tell you if you are in emuNAND or sysNAND. Entering system settings doesn't go back to sysNAND, but EXITING it will. So it's only really useful if you are editing emuNAND from system settings, such as when doing firmware updates, using the built-in app manager etc.

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
His answer was correct, you just misunderstood. If you open system settings it will tell you if you are in emuNAND or sysNAND. Entering system settings doesn't go back to sysNAND, but EXITING it will. So it's only really useful if you are editing emuNAND from system settings, such as when doing firmware updates, using the built-in app manager etc.
I know that, but it's just useless to enter System Settings to then have a reboot, so I wasn't satisfated with the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse