[Idea] Noob SysNand/EmuNand checker

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ImCarlosGG, Jul 30, 2016.

1. ImCarlosGG
    OP

ImCarlosGG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2015
    Spain
    Virtual World
    It would be good to have an homebrew utility to know if you're on SysNand or EmuNand for noobs.

2. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Go to System Settings... Tadaaa

gnmmarechal likes this.
  3. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Create a folder on sysnand called sysnand and a folder on Emunand called Emunand. Tada now you have the check.

pandavova and ImCarlosGG like this.
  4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I just set my theme on sysNAND to the default red colored theme (kind of as a DANGER message, red means bad) and then the emuNAND was just whatever custom theme I installed. That was back when I used emuNAND before converting to A9LH.
    If you enter system settings (say for updating to a newer firmware) then most decent CFW will have some way to show you are in emuNAND instead of sysNAND (usually changing the text in front of the firmware number. You don't really need any more than that.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. ImCarlosGG
    OP

ImCarlosGG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2015
    Spain
    Virtual World
    That's stupid.

6. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    YEAH WHO NEEDS THAT

7. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    afaik what you want can't actually happen. The CFW makes everything that runs on the system believe the SD is the NAND, and thus anything that runs within that CFW can't really tell which it is running from. And even if it is possible, it's not necessary because there are much easier ways to tell. Like the method I stated before where you just set a default theme (or no theme) on sysNAND and then set emuNAND theme to something else that you actually want to use. If you do that it's extremely easy to tell which you are in straight from the home menu.
    Not trying to be rude, but you just don't like the answers you are getting, which in short are "it's not worth the time and effort to develop"

8. ImCarlosGG
    OP

ImCarlosGG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2015
    Spain
    Virtual World
    That's not the reason. I asked for checking SysNand or EmuNand, not changing to SysNand. You could ask me what's my name, and I'm not saying I'm a boy. BTW, thanks for the answer.

9. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    His answer was correct, you just misunderstood. If you open system settings it will tell you if you are in emuNAND or sysNAND. Entering system settings doesn't go back to sysNAND, but EXITING it will. So it's only really useful if you are editing emuNAND from system settings, such as when doing firmware updates, using the built-in app manager etc.

10. ImCarlosGG
    OP

ImCarlosGG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2015
    Spain
    Virtual World
    I know that, but it's just useless to enter System Settings to then have a reboot, so I wasn't satisfated with the answer.