GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a very very early screenshot.
i didnt work much on the design yet. instead i worked on memory efficiency and speed. the left "sidebar" can be hidden (and is so by default), to allow for a 4 column view.

tomorrow ill add a "options" window in which you can set the api key and choose between sources (steamgriddb and local folder for now)

after that i just have to implement the image fetching and downloading from steamgriddb and then i can focus on making everything a little prettier than it is now.

Album_1_12_2021_02_45_42.jpg

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, thats the resolution **required** to work. My tool downloads images in any aspect ratio and squishes it to 1:1
means if you would download a vertical icon (2:3 works with my theme) and open the file on the pc, it would look distorted. but the vertical icon theme takes this 1:1 image and stretches it back to a 2:3 resolution so it looks normal.
Ah of course. I remember from the other icon thread that stretched images are put into 1:1 resolution and the theme is altering them internally. Alright. Guess you will post instructions on how to make those images when you release your theme.
Or is it as simple as making a 2:3 image in Photoshop and "resize" it to a 1:1 resolution?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah of course. I remember from the other icon thread that stretched images are put into 1:1 resolution and the theme is altering them internally. Alright. Guess you will post instructions on how to make those images when you release your theme.
Or is it as simple as making a 2:3 image in Photoshop and "resize" it to a 1:1 resolution?

usually its that simple, yes. just make sure its a jpg under 150kb with 256x256px.
This will work with any theme, just my vertical icon theme needs a 2:3 "base" image. any other theme can use 1:1 base images

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
usually its that simple, yes. just make sure its a jpg under 150kb with 256x256px.
This will work with any theme, just my vertical icon theme needs a 2:3 "base" image. any other theme can use 1:1 base images
Perfect, got it. Thanks a lot. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: on a much lighter note, me and my friends have been working on songs together :) the songs suck...