Hacking I want to update my Switch and CFW without losing my savegames and Games

Reshiram1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello together,
I want to update my Switch and my CFW, but want to keep my games and saves without having to download them again. I am currently on version 10.0.2 on my Switch and Version 10.0.2|AMS 0.13.0|E on my CFW.
Now I just need help on how to update both the OFW and the CFW and keep my games and saves from the CFW
Thank you all and have a nice day

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backing up your SD card is a good way to protect from things gone wrong. At the minimum, use an app to save your game saves (like JKSV), then if something does goes wrong, you can retrieve and restore your saves.
As for updating to the latest:
* Update Atmosphere
* Update Hekate
* Apply patches
* Update firmware using Daybreak
I've done this several times now, and never lost games or game saves using those steps.

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Should be pretty easy, delete your Atmosphere and Bootloader folders, replace them with latest versions of Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches. Also add the latest versions of Lockpick RCM and Tegraexplorer into your bootloader/payloads folder.

Boot into your clean Sysnand and update usually

Manually go into RCM and boot into Hekate. Reenable autorcm and follow the instructions here https://www.nevercholt.com/how-to-use-daybreak-to-update-the-firmware-of-a-nintendo-switch/

Apart from that, a few homebrew apps will likely need uploading

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to add if you have any layeredfs gamemods, you should redownload them and readd to the atmosphere/contents folder

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello together,
I want to update my Switch and my CFW, but want to keep my games and saves without having to download them again. I am currently on version 10.0.2 on my Switch and Version 10.0.2|AMS 0.13.0|E on my CFW.
Now I just need help on how to update both the OFW and the CFW and keep my games and saves from the CFW
Thank you all and have a nice day
Normally, games and saves are not touched when updating firmware and/or CFW. Updating CFW is as simple as deleting the old CFW files/folders and putting the new ones onto the SD card. As for the firmware, do you want to preserve your fuses or not? If yes, then you can use the homebrew application Daybreak. If no, then you can update normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1