I Want To Restore Miiverse... (For Better Or For Worse)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by PixelPiece, Nov 23, 2017.

1. PixelPiece
    OP

PixelPiece Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Canada
    Ok, so I was watching a video on Game & Wario's Miiverse Sketch feature, and I for some unknown reason, am compelled to restore it. I don't have a Wii U, but if I could somehow make a server and anyone would want to test it out... I'm completely open for requests.

I know Miiverse is just overall a joke to everyone, but I feel that it would be a fun project to try to restore (doesn't mean it would be easy though).

PS: If anyone wants to do this, then it would be nice to know some good software to make a server for it. I'm new to Wii U and Nintendo Console Modding in general, so please forgive my noobyness (is that a word?). Just saying ;)

WintendoZone and barryhass like this.
  2. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Hope's Peak Academy
    You know, if we could restore it, it would probably be even more sweeter. No more strict rules to worry about.

3. PixelPiece
    OP

PixelPiece Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Canada
    I know right! No stupid moderators that spend all their time on Miiverse lol

4. Larsenv

Larsenv RiiConnect24 Developer

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    DFW
    There's already 2 projects dedicated to doing this in the works - kaeru:verse and foxverse.

They're not out yet.

barryhass and Ryccardo like this.
  5. PixelPiece
    OP

PixelPiece Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I couldn't try as well... (I do understand your point though)

6. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    well if you wanted to restore it you should have been capturing packets since 2012. Then the encryption and protocols would have been known. then a emulator server could have been written that will be compatiable with miiverse app on the wii you and would just require a dns change for it to work.

PixelPiece and Wolfy like this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I always liked enabling it while playing new super mario bros. u. I liked to see others' progress. I remember one time, after beating a level, someone had drawn a penis with yoshi's tongue sticking out. I burst out laughing. ;) I bet that person was banned from miiverse. lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

should I also mention that it was a hairy penis? :P

WintendoZone and Kevinpuerta like this.
  8. PixelPiece
    OP

PixelPiece Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Canada
    Well, we could just make our own custom Miiverse server (that isn't exactly the same as the source), and we would just somehow redirect the Wii U to that server.

9. solace

solace Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2018
    Australia
    I don't think this would be nearly as easy as it sounds. The server will need a lot of donations to stay up, but if this can be pulled off it will be pretty awesome.

10. barryhass

barryhass Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2018
    United States
    It sucks to see it go. The best Smash Brothers stage will never be the same.

BetterDuck and WintendoZone like this.
  11. KMK-elgamer334

KMK-elgamer334 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Mexico
    My House, CDMX
    if is created i will do 2 things

1.- Be a beta tester
    2.- try to get the database and do a webpage like the original miiverse (like see the posts in pc or that things)

PixelPiece likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice