I want to get a flashcard to play ds games but

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Plumsauce, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Plumsauce
    OP

Plumsauce Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2015
    Canada
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    I'm upgrading to a new 3ds soon and was wondering about compatibility, is it only flash cards that play 3ds games that are being actively blocked with updates? will a regular ds one work? i read something about "ds mode" earlier, does that mean that it basically switches the operating system of the console to just a regular ds, ignoring firmware versions and etc?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    No NDS flashcards have been blocked since 7.x, seems Nintendo gave up blocking them

3. Plumsauce
    OP

Plumsauce Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2015
    Canada
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    awesome, thank you, i've been really wanting to play the SaGa remakes and stuff and was unsure if i should upgrade to the new 3ds xl or not

4. Plumsauce
    OP

Plumsauce Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2015
    Canada
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    oh i've got another question, which would be the best and cheapest to get? if i just wanted to play ds games, that is

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
  6. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    I recommend one that runs the wood firmware. I've been using one for years, good cheap and stable. Most will recommend the DSTWO but I don't see the value of emulators and cheats at the cost of less battery life and a much more expensive cartridge.

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    If you just want Ds games and cheats the r4 does the job right? Not sure if it works on the new 3ds.

8. Ritchie555

Ritchie555 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Canada
    What u a stalker or sommit?
    I use r4 3ds rts. runs everything DS. emulators too.
    edit: N3ds on 9.0