Hardware I want to develop a switch controller and collect suggestions from everyone.

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no way to make it drift proof, Analog sticks will always drift, It's a side effect from use.
the only thing you can do is try to make sturdier sticks, other than that not much.

if you do Joycons you won't need audio jack support I don't think.

if you make a good prototype, you could do kickstarter, or a different crowd funding (or pre-orders and use that money for Production and what not.)
TIM截图20190509005919.png
TIM截图20190509005927.png
TIM截图20190509005813.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do the detachable joycons but use the PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 controller design instead of Gamecube. That would be perfect.
Gamepad can be used to a button layout like ps4, but if joycon does that, there will be a lot of people who won't get used to it.

Reactions: Budsixz

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just do not think the Gamecube controller layout is good for modern games. And the C stick was always horrible. I'd like joycons with PS4 analog sticks, keep the current button and stick layout but add a good d-pad and palm grips so that the joycons feel good in your hands.

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just do not think the Gamecube controller layout is good for modern games. And the C stick was always horrible. I'd like joycons with PS4 analog sticks, keep the current button and stick layout but add a good d-pad and palm grips so that the joycons feel good in your hands.
GameCube More suitable for smash

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
make each joycon have three prongs, for n64 nostalgia
That's just weird, did you think about it before you said it? (not in a mean way, but like, Idk in what universe that would be a great idea)

I'm still going to stick by the Gamecube layout ;p I use my gamecube controller for more than smash, I use it for Mario Kart, and any other game I can that doesn't require ZL

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's just weird, did you think about it before you said it? (not in a mean way, but like, Idk in what universe that would be a great idea)

I'm still going to stick by the Gamecube layout ;p I use my gamecube controller for more than smash, I use it for Mario Kart, and any other game I can that doesn't require ZL

Also add SD card slots and additional Rumble, and a ram expansion so you don't need title replacement

Oh and get rare games ported

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Something like wiiu Pro controller, i liked that controller.
Normal rumble is OK, no need for HD rumble
No need for NFC
Wireless and can wake the switch up, also easy to pair.
Good quality buttons, i hears you can get the same type of the official buttons from china, 8bitdo do that i think.
Has some wights in it, so it feels better.
Rubber grips.

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need for NFC
Good quality buttons, i hears you can get the same type of the official buttons from china, 8bitdo do that i think.
Rubber grips.
1528791833.jpg
There are suppliers have this, the battery capacity is relatively small, I personally feel that playing Zelda, button layout is not very comfortable

Last edited by Clark_Z,
Reactions: aos10

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea the right stick should be below the right side buttons
But this controller, suitable for a long time to use, but not suitable for some games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No need for NFC
Rubber grips.
If you like this style and layout, I can do these functions

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joycon controller, I found a solution company can implement it, but it is very expensive
View attachment 166305 You can transform this shape into a GameCube style, or do you like this style?

The side is like this, more suitable for the palm
View attachment 166306

Wow, that looks very close to what I would want in a remade joycon. In my mind the grip extends out a bit for players with larger hands.

I have this case and gripstand that I got from Gamestop, I really like the gripstand and wish the original joycons had grips like those built in. I did make modifications to the case to hold an extra USB-C charger and battery pack, but that was just a couple of cuts.

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've already started selling controllers on Amazon in the United States. This controller has almost the same function as the pro controller, and the battery life is slightly inferior, and I can offer a discount if you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo