Hacking I want my External Hard Drive partially WBFS formatted...

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a program that lets me format some parts of my Hard Drive instead of all of it? Can I convert it back to NTFS from WBFS and vice versa without affecting the things that I have already in my HD?

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use a program i use on Linux called gparted it has a LiveCD version two and use that to repartition the drive into 2 parts keeping your old part and adding a fat32 part

defix

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same issue yesterday. Googled a bit for good freeware partitioning programs and came about "Easeus Partition Master". You can resize your existing partition with it. Then, create another partition (be sure to also make it a primary partition, not logical), format that with wbfs manager and you're good to go.

tobeychris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on Vista, you can go to the disk management console and shrink the NTFS partition, and then format it to be used for WBFS.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I also wanted my external USB hard drive to be partially WBFS formatted. I just did it through disk management in Windows XP. There is no need for any special partitioning program.

Since it already had some data in it, I had to back it up to my PC. Then I formatted it and partitioned it into 2 NTFS partitions. Then I initialized the primary partition to WBFS and it works great!

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that works, but partition master lets you create partitions without backing up the data already on the device.

pnice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used acronis disk director to make a new partition on my external 500GB drive. It let me do it without doing anything with the other 340 used gigs that were on it. It is able to make a partition with the empty space so you don't have to back up.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
heres the guide on how to do it
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153138

yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: