ROM Hack I updated my system not knowing my 3DS is hacked

Brokenheartedjackass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello there!

I bought a 3ds from a our local kid two days ago, he said it had some games on it and that's about it. I tried to connect it to the internet, and went to update the system so I can play with others online.
Biggest mistake of my life, right? I get a black screen with white characters (I think it's called Arm11, I did some research)

I watched a couple videos on the internet on how to fix the issue, it says to download Luma3DS, extract the files and paste them on the 3DS card, tried rebooting it without SD card too, but it's not working regardless

I think the content of the sd card is weird too because I have two files, one is called Private, the otheer one is called 24abc0a97cb78cae8e036cddfd1f6601 and everything inside the files is just filed with numbers..

What do I do? Can anyone help me with that please? I am kind of an idiot when it comes to stuff like this

Brokenheartedjackass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
put boo.firm and boot.3dsx on the root of the sd card. the reason it's not working without an sd card is that the boot.firm needs to be on the ctrNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the reply, really appreciated, bytut I got no idea how to do that...

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Deleted User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just don't mess with the Nintendo 3DS folder. place the boot.firm and boot.3dsx on the root of the card. make sure it's the latest version of luma too.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reactions: MarioKartFan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over