1. eliteplague

OP eliteplague Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just played a few games and ran into people spamming lighting and spikes shells while lapping people multiple times. I thought you can’t go online with a patched Switch? Wouldn’t you immediately get banned?

raxadian and Fishguy6564 like this.
  2. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The word you're looking for is "hacked". And second, I never knew this is happening. Did they find a way to bypass the detection?

raxadian and DCG like this.
  3. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    Edit2: Nope, confused save data with game data, saves are saved on the Switch itself.

Last edited by raxadian, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Confirmed according to what? Because on Nintendo's website, they say the exact opposite of what you are claiming.
    Source: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22289/~/data-management-faq
    Technically you can go online with a patched Switch or any hacked console for that matter. There is no such thing as an insta-ban and Nintendo typically bans in waves but there hasn't been a banwave for a while. That being said, it is not out of the realm of possibility for a hacked console to not be banned after going online but it is strange that these "hackers" haven't been banned yet as people who actively hack online games tend to get hit rather quickly.

5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    Uh... I guess I confused it with the game data.

I guess.... transfer save data from a hacked switch to an unhacked one might work?

https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system

So you need two switchs, a hacked one and an unhacked one. You backup your save data on the hacked switch then transfer it to the unhacked one. Then restore the save data from the backup in the hacked switch?

Does that work?

Last edited by raxadian, Jan 3, 2021
    Draxzelex likes this.
  6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Edit: nm

Last edited by hippy dave, Jan 3, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - thought, can’t, patched