I think the average VG pricing will soon reach $100

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Games are requiring more and more efforts to develop. Budget keeps getting higher.

For instance: Most AAA games nowadays have a development budget that exceeds $100M. This sum was exorbitant one or two decades ago.

With inflation, I think $100 will soon become the norm for average AAA game pricing.

1698764556203.png

1698764538148.png

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one said gaming was a cheap hobby! (except it is for most of us tempers). If you're willing to wait a bit to buy games, you can save a bunch. I could easily see that new Mortal Kombat game selling for half that much within a year.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why piracy exists for that matter, so we wouldn't have to deal with price inflating scumbags.

Or Just wait like I do for the steam sale when it's like 75% off because the game was either too expensive or not able yo live up to the hype I stopped doing the pirating thing for pc once I lost 400 hours on a game I really liked when my pc died and took the save with it. So now I just stick to steam sales for the cloud backups.

On a side note FlareRez you giving me a stroke with all the name and pronoun changes. Also I see you saw the amazing digital circus and have fallen for the clown girl lol.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On a side note FlareRez you giving me a stroke with all the name and pronoun changes. Also I see you saw the amazing digital circus and have fallen for the clown girl lol.
I clown around on these streets. :rofl2: :rofl2:

Or Just wait like I do for the steam sale when it's like 75% off because the game was either too expensive or not able yo live up to the hype I stopped doing the pirating thing for pc once I lost 400 hours on a game I really liked when my pc died and took the save with it. So now I just stick to steam sales for the cloud backups.
I look out for Steam sales too. I've been very lucky on a few occasions, one time I got Celeste for half-price being the fact that it was £3.

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Btw I've heard that if your Steam account is from Turkey/Argentina. You can buy games really cheap, compared to NA/Europe.

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to many games Premium Editions have already been around $100 even back on PS4/Xbox One. I don't think we're close to just the base game being $100. People are still getting used to $70.

Reactions: depaul

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only a small fraction of the games I play are AAA, so the average price will remain much lower.

I pay for a much smaller fraction of the games I play tbh. Tho I would certainly support more indie games financially if I had the resources.

Last edited by hippy dave,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, these are fighting games with the season pass and other extras included. They've been this expensive for several generations now. Does highlight the importance of shopping around though, I pre-ordered Street Fighter 6 Deluxe from GMG for just over $50.

There were a number of games that still released at $60 this year, GOTY (BG3) included, though I'm sure $70 is about to become the norm.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, the price of AAA titles will keep rising because they keep getting more and more expensive to make and market.
But the average game price will stay the same, plus general inflation I guess.
Look at Steam's top sellers list, the prices are all over the place. Some statistics say the average game price is $15 but I don't know their methodology.
And speaking of game prices, we may balk at a game costing $120 at launch, but the real culprits are games that are "free to play" but with the season passes and loot boxes and cosmetics and other junk, over the course of the game's lifetime you spend a few hundred dollars on it without even noticing.

1698798456595.png

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, these are fighting games with the season pass and other extras included. They've been this expensive for several generations now. Does highlight the importance of shopping around though, I pre-ordered Street Fighter 6 Deluxe from GMG for just over $50.

There were a number of games that still released at $60 this year, GOTY (BG3) included, though I'm sure $70 is about to become the norm.
I’ll just keep my OG Xbox hooked up for the next 30 or so years.. Can’t help but feel like we’re being jerked around on pricing.

Reactions: Xzi and depaul
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Them games prices keep raising, but guess you got to ask yourself: Are they actually worth said price?
With the state of most modern games, specifically from them big corpos... myself I'd said no.

The last game I bought that I say was more than worth it's price was Pizza Tower, and I dare say for a masterpiece such as it, it's underselling itself.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.