Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Boot DS.

2. Check screen.

3. Take out R4, blow into slot.

4. Repeat steps 1-4.

I assure you it will work the third time. After you pass out.

Ha ha!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
my old DS was effected by the "virus" so I bought a new one, but I have a cemical cleaner for hands and it have 8O greeds somthing something with alcohole so ill try it
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry, there are no viruses for the DS. Just 2 brickers, and to run that, you would have been a complete retard.

Edit: Grammar

akadem1ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing happened to me before rozzan, its probably the memory cards you're using.

I previously used an 512MB microSD card with mine, then one day it stalled at "Loading..." after a reset. The microSD was then corrupted and could not be formatted, making it useless. I thought it was just the card, but then I bought another one of the same brand and same thing happened. So i got a 1GB of another (better) brand, and so far there have been no problems.

DSO 2.7 didn't do anything, because other people use it fine. I thought Beup gave me a virus before too, but it didn't...it was just the quality of the memory cards that weren't made very well.

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem similar to this; Sometimes when playing a game, it freezes when doing something such as entering a new area. Also, it's frozen once when loading a ROM, and sometimes when the DS is turned on it doesn't detect the R4 at all. Overall, it makes sense that these problems are caused by the R4 not accepting the MicroSD card as actually existing.

By the way, I'm having this problem with a 1GB Kingston (Taiwan).

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem similar to this; Sometimes when playing a game, it freezes when doing something such as entering a new area. Also, it's frozen once when loading a ROM, and sometimes when the DS is turned on it doesn't detect the R4 at all. Overall, it makes sense that these problems are caused by the R4 not accepting the MicroSD card as actually existing.

By the way, I'm having this problem with a 1GB Kingston (Taiwan).
its something wrong on ur flashcart my friedn explaned for me today that the Sd readers are like kinda broken or so, but cant explain so good at english

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a 512mb card in my R4 before and i had it in a while...i thought my memory card had a virus så i bought a new memory card but my R4 freezes when im playing something, and when i restart it says Loading.... Then i have to take out my R4DS card and blow in it, then it works again but it will freeze again :S
plz need help with this.. is there any program or homebrew who can fix my flashcart??

My M3simply has the same effects, but not as often. When I go to turn it on it goes to the ds's menu instead and it says no ds cart inserted. I pull out my simply and blow on it "on the m3 contacts that touch the ds's" and then put it back in ds, and it works. One time only, I was playing the simpson's game and while still in the chocolate land first level screen went black and said ds cart has been removed, but as soon as I did my old nes cart trick the m3 simply worked fine.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. What I did was open my M3 Simply and put a piece of paper (about 1/4 in by 1 inch) behind the contact point
and closed it back up and never had a problem since.
rofl2.gif

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now I cant even play, when i open the DS it says Loading... all the time I have blowd in it many times and it still dont work :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1