Hacking I think my AceKard 2 is kind of broken but not sure what's wrong

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
So when it works, it works just fine, problem is ever since I got it a couple months ago I've had trouble fitting it in the DS slot, sometimes it would take a try or two before it loads but now it's a real pain.
If it clicks inside the DS Slot, chances are the system won't detect the card at all, the card itself also feels very loose when i examine it outside the DS, like it's about to fall apart.

Right now I have it sitting in my DS but I didn't push it all the way in so it clicks and it somehow works.

So basically, my problem is, I guess that my AceKard 2 has bad contact with the DS or something like that and it takes a couple tries, now it's gotten real bad for the system to even detect the card is in.

I'm not sure how I'd go about fixing this and sending the thing back would be more trouble than worth for me, it's been doing this for about a month now.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All other cards I tried work perfectly fine
it's the AceKard, but with the way I have it in now it all works flawlessly, hope this lasts for a while cause putting it all the way in doesn't work anymore.

The whole thing is a mess though, it's one of the old AceKard 2 models it seems, the one with a spring for the SD/SDHC card so even that's a bitch to put in but that always works at least.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Wipe the dust off, do the usual cleaning methods.
This usually works for me.

2. Put in some pressure - push the contacts toward the DS ones by using the slot's edge as a pivot point
This works well too.

3. Make it thicker
Throw in some tape around the front side of the AK2. Doesn't work? Add some more.

If it still doesn't work, get a new one or contact Team AK (last resort).

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Briankealing said:
2. Put in some pressure - push the contacts toward the DS ones by using the slot's edge as a pivot point
This works well too.
I thought i was the only one doing this! xD It can get rather nasty to get it to work and im never really sure what makes it work
tongue.gif
Guess ill try the tape thing ^^

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the pressure thing used to work, not so much anymore
but thanks a lot for the tape suggestion I'll give that a try.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this problems, other than this the card works great.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two Acekard 2's - one of the old ones with clips and springs, and a newer one without clips and spring

The new one works fine
The old one had lots of contact issues - so I opened it and stuck in some tape behind the contacts (You can just stick tape on the cart itself, I just did that because it had clips and was easy to take apart). It's worked ever since.

The clips kind of "died" one day, so I taped the whole thing together kind of like a "Frankenstein" ak2. It's really thick, but hey, no contact issues since.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://www.acekard.com/news.php

QUOTE said:
We offer one year warranty for real AK2 and AK2i. You can contact your reseller for a replacement for any issue of the real AK2 and AK2i. We do not guaranty any safe use of firmware on fake AK2 and AK2i, and on your DS or DSi. We won't offer one year warranty for fake ones in any case. Please pay attention when you're buying Acekard. Thanks

-another world

MinaM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP ME When i put my ace kard in my system it doesnt show up regardless of having a memory card or not if u help me with this PLEASE il give u a 10k DSi shop points card since im not updateing anyway

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...why would you not update? There's a way around that already anyway. Read the friggen' wiki if you're having troubles like that before going crazy and offering a prize to someone who can fix your stupid problem.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MinaM said:
im sorry i just want my acekard to work again
Okay, well...just download the proper 1.4.1 repack of AKAIO, format the SD card with the official Panasonic SD formatter, then put everything into the root of your SD card. If it doesn't work..then, well, something's probably defective or you're doing it wrong.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MinaM said:
ddnt work
You formatted the SD card with the official Panasonic SD formatter and put the files in the right way? You have to put the _aio folder in the ROOT of the card. Does it give you any error messages?

...actually, just read the wiki, it should answer most of your questions. It could also be a contact issue, you could try wedging a piece of paper behind the card to make it connect better.

MinaM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok il try thanks again for all your help XD

Posts merged

ok il try thanks again for all your help XD no no error messages just doesnt show up

Posts merged

still dnt work =( i worked soo hard to find all those games ='(

MinaM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok il try thanks again for all your help XD no no error messages just doesnt show up
i think wheni was trying to update to 1.4 for the dsi on my ds lite i chose update through DSi instead of DSL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol