Hacking I think I have messed my Wii up?? Please help

wicked1z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I followed one of the guids to softmod my wWii. using the way to play burnt games from the game channel. Now every time I go to play a retale disk it tells me it cant read from the disk. Can someone please walk me through what I got to do to play both types of games. Please treet me as a noob because I have read and done so many of these guides I am all confused now in what to do. Thanks in advance.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, more info. what tutorial did you use, did everything go as planned? errors? whats your system menu? please elaborate as best you can so we know how to help. Im trusting you that u said you read the guides lol

wicked1z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant remember which guide but I am sure it was in one of the stickies. I believe I have now got it downgraded to 3.2. The tutorial I used also included the directions for I believe it is called cISO. There were not any errors during installation. the only problem I have is when I try to use most retail games.

wicked1z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can no one help me with this problem? I have found alot of good people here but now I need help so please if you know what to do point me in the right direction.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Googled cISO and got this as the first hit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_informa...ecurity_officer

Now, if you need help with your Wii, you will need to be more specific for people to help you. Which guide (give link) did you use? Do ALL retail discs failed to run or only a few? Name some games that did not work. Do backups work? Did you attempt to use the disc channel for backups? Did you install Starfall, Preloader?

wicked1z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I thought I was being more to the point. I dont remember what guide I used it was a little over a month or so ago I did it. Most all retail disks do not work I do have a couple that will Twilight being one of them. All backups work great through the disk channel. I installed starloader.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, no offense, but YOU NEED TO BE MORE SPECIFIC! Because TP works, it seems like you are missing some IOS's required for the game to run. You mentioned cISO so im thinking you mean cIOSCORP... Anyways did your installation of cIOSCORP require for you to install the wads manually, or did it come with an installer which did it for you? In the second case, could you read me off the files in the cIOSCORP folder at the root of your SD card? It would help us immensely!

But before you do ANYTHING, pop in all of your games and list to us whether or not it is a backup. Example:

Twilight Princess - Retail - Works
CoD WAW - Backup - Doesnt Work

By telling us which games are giving issues, we can possibly see what is missing from the wii so that you can play it...

One last request - If you turn starfall's skip disk updates off, do the trouble games ask for you to update?

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he installed Starloader
Did you install Prefall too?
how about Backup downgrader?
A really good program is called MiiWiiWii, I always feel better after i run that program

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
But he installed Starloader
Did you install Prefall too?
how about Backup downgrader?
A really good program is called MiiWiiWii, I always feel better after i run that program

He probably ran Any Region Deleter by mistake when he meant to run Any Title Changer.

3:20 am and bored of working on my newest csm and bugaveli beat me to the punch. So I piled on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The government