I think I have messed my Wii up?? Please help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wicked1z, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009
  1. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
    OK I followed one of the guids to softmod my wWii. using the way to play burnt games from the game channel. Now every time I go to play a retale disk it tells me it cant read from the disk. Can someone please walk me through what I got to do to play both types of games. Please treet me as a noob because I have read and done so many of these guides I am all confused now in what to do. Thanks in advance.

2. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    Please, more info. what tutorial did you use, did everything go as planned? errors? whats your system menu? please elaborate as best you can so we know how to help. Im trusting you that u said you read the guides lol

3. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
    I cant remember which guide but I am sure it was in one of the stickies. I believe I have now got it downgraded to 3.2. The tutorial I used also included the directions for I believe it is called cISO. There were not any errors during installation. the only problem I have is when I try to use most retail games.

4. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
    can no one help me with this problem? I have found alot of good people here but now I need help so please if you know what to do point me in the right direction.

5. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I Googled cISO and got this as the first hit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_informa...ecurity_officer

Now, if you need help with your Wii, you will need to be more specific for people to help you. Which guide (give link) did you use? Do ALL retail discs failed to run or only a few? Name some games that did not work. Do backups work? Did you attempt to use the disc channel for backups? Did you install Starfall, Preloader?

6. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
    Sorry I thought I was being more to the point. I dont remember what guide I used it was a little over a month or so ago I did it. Most all retail disks do not work I do have a couple that will Twilight being one of them. All backups work great through the disk channel. I installed starloader.

7. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
  8. Beatchu

Member Beatchu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER

9. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Big Moe sure does wink a lot in that guide.

10. wicked1z
    OP

Newcomer wicked1z Newbie

United States
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?

11. Gunfreak11

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright, no offense, but YOU NEED TO BE MORE SPECIFIC! Because TP works, it seems like you are missing some IOS's required for the game to run. You mentioned cISO so im thinking you mean cIOSCORP... Anyways did your installation of cIOSCORP require for you to install the wads manually, or did it come with an installer which did it for you? In the second case, could you read me off the files in the cIOSCORP folder at the root of your SD card? It would help us immensely!

But before you do ANYTHING, pop in all of your games and list to us whether or not it is a backup. Example:

Twilight Princess - Retail - Works
    CoD WAW - Backup - Doesnt Work

By telling us which games are giving issues, we can possibly see what is missing from the wii so that you can play it...

One last request - If you turn starfall's skip disk updates off, do the trouble games ask for you to update?

12. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    But he installed Starloader
    Did you install Prefall too?
    how about Backup downgrader?
    A really good program is called MiiWiiWii, I always feel better after i run that program

13. Jizmo09

Member Jizmo09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He probably ran Any Region Deleter by mistake when he meant to run Any Title Changer.

3:20 am and bored of working on my newest csm and bugaveli beat me to the punch. So I piled on.