Status
Not open for further replies.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed d2x v10 so I could get wiiflow to launch Wii games through wiiflow, which I did successfully. I launched a few games and went on to other stuff. So next I tried installing a forwarder for wiiflow. It installed but didn't launch. I then tried installing priiloader and a forwarder to launch it. Now when I launch Vwii, it never loads. Is there anything I can do other than taking it back and starting over?

nitrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Owwww...

Please people, read the stickies before installing any System-Menu related stuff...

Priiloader is not intended to work with vWii yet.

Try resetting your Wii U and hope that the vWii mode is working again afterwards.

lampjese

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lotus-gaming.org
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are not supose to just install enything from wich u are used to whitin the wii.
Since you have no backup from your nand and no options to overwrite the previous one i think you have a problem yes.
The things that came out still got limits, search for confirmations before you try anything like that.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You trying to install priiloader is what killed your vWii...
Post by crediar regarding modifying vWi System Menu
^ also, first post in that linked thread has more detailed information on the subject.

If you have a key dump from xyzzy 1.2 Unofficial and a Hardware NAND Programmer, like infectus or progskeet, then you might be able to fix it.
If not, then vWii is bricked.
Maybe a future Wii U System Update might fix it, but since that has not happened yet, we do not really know.
Other than that, maybe try sending it to Nintendo, but I do not know how they will react to it...

I remember you, the same guy who put all that effort into installing the day 1 update without a readily available internet connection just for vWii support... now this has got to suck... unfortunately not much can really be done about it at this time.

nitrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was resetting my Wii U just this morning - but not because of a vWii brick. I've seen that at the end of this point it is also resetting vWii as well. The cIOSes seem to stay where they are. For me cIOS 236, 249, 250 & 251 were all still available. I don't know if this will also reset a vWii brick.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AFAIK that will not work.
priiloader makes itself part of the System Menu, and the System Reset will not erase that, for obvious reasons, same as why it does not erase cIOS, or any IOS.

nitrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK an update to the Wii U system does - until yet - NOT include a vWii system update.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should wait till the next official WiiU update.
I bet that Nintendo will fix the IOS exploit used for HBC installation and also remove HBC.
Perhaps system menu will be overwritten too.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
From the stickies, which you should have read:

• Install Priiloader on vWii? NO (Ditto)

- Modifying vWii System Menu in any way, including priiloader or "themes". Do not modify the System Menu's .dol, it has extra encryption that has not been publicly cracked yet. Also cannot install priiloader for the same reason. Since vWii System Menu is not the same as regular Wii's System menu, regular Wii "themes" are not compatible, and will brick vWii. AFAIK there are no vWii themes released at this time, and I myself am unsure about making or installing my own myself, as I have not tried it yet.
- Trying to do or install anything at all if you do not know what you are doing, seriously, read up and learn about everything before attempting to mod anything, this should be a given!

There is not a slow enough clap.

But have one anyway:

Reactions: Ericss

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I solved my problem, I returned it and they swapped it out for a different unit. Wouldn't have been so bad except I just got done putting an awesome skin on the day before. I was able to carefully remove and reapply the skin, although with some minor bubbling/stretching. Anyway, now I'm wondering what I gotta do to get my account onto the new one.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I solved my problem, I returned it and they swapped it out for a different unit. Wouldn't have been so bad except I just got done putting an awesome skin on the day before. I was able to carefully remove and reapply the skin, although with some minor bubbling/stretching. Anyway, now I'm wondering what I gotta do to get my account onto the new one.

You returned it? To what store? I hope you removed your NNID from the old system, because it's most likely going to be sent back to Nintendo for repair and refurbishment. And I'm quite certain that a technician is gonna notice what's been done to the vWii NAND..

Reactions: air2004

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is just wrong.....fuck up a perfectly working new unit and just return it and get it exchanged,problem solved....
In the good old days, if I'd brake my new Christmas toy then I'd have no toy at all ....:O
If everybody would do that then I'd expect major retail companies to change their exchange policies, and for a good reason.

People have no morals and certainly do no take responsibility for their actions either these days.
The fucked up unit eventually makes it way back to Nintendo where it can be dissected and studied too....

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like big n hasn't already scoured for info on sites like this and hacked a few wiius themselves? I highly doubt that they will learn anything they dont know from my slightly hacked and bricked vwii.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Like big n hasn't already scoured for info on sites like this and hacked a few wiius themselves? I highly doubt that they will learn anything they dont know from my slightly hacked and bricked vwii.
Information as in your personal details, who you are and that you violated the warranty, not information on how the hack is being done

Reactions: Plunt

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Nothing like the easy way out, huh? That's just disgusting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...