Android I think I bricked my phone

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I decided to try out a new ROM on my LG Optimus 2x (P990), called ParanoidAndroid in hopes of getting no lag in Google Chrome (you really don't want to know how it's running at the moment).
So I uploaded the ROM, new kernel and google apps to the external SD card, deleted everything else on it and started searching for ROM manager on my phone. It turned out that since the last time I've flashed my phone, I haven't installed ROM manager. Good, so I installed it off of Google Play and, very strangely, it said that ClockWorksMod wasn't installed, as well. I thought that it should've been there, but I installed it either way.
Afterwards, when I tried to reboot into recovery from ROM manager, nothing happened. So I decided to turn off my phone and enter manually(vol+ + vol- + start button) and nothing happened, it didn't even start up. So I tried to boot normally and install Quick Boot, which doesn't glitch out like ROM manager, but guess what? When I turn on the phone, the CyanogenMod logo stays there loading and loading, so it's safe to say it froze. I tried restarting the thing but with no avail. Now, after waiting for it for roughly an hour, while playing Fire Emblem:Awakening, it has yet to boot.
Just a side-note: The current ROM is CyanogenMod 10.1(t-build 4).

Help?

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Never mind.
I used NVFlash to reset the whole thing to the default ROM, which fixed my issue.
A mod can close this.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Just for future reference, download the original firmware for your phone and either fastboot install it or use the equivalent of Samsung's Download Mode for your phone.

For later flashes, I strongly recommend installing TWRP recovery since it's touch controlled and generally better in every way.
For faster backups, use Helium (formerly known as Carbon) which can be found in the Play Store for free.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note. PA is not going make your phone lag-free. Trust me.

I've got a GNex that runs it. All the various features it has (which are brilliant and I absolutely love them) take up a lot of space in RAM. I have 1GB of RAM on this phone and with all the features on PA3.99 I've got about 200mb free at any one point not a huge amount for app switching meaning apps reload for me a lot.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note. PA is not going make your phone lag-free. Trust me.

I've got a GNex that runs it. All the various features it has (which are brilliant and I absolutely love them) take up a lot of space in RAM. I have 1GB of RAM on this phone and with all the features on PA3.99 I've got about 200mb free at any one point not a huge amount for app switching meaning apps reload for me a lot.
I don't know about you, but it runs waaay better than my old ROM. Many apps like Chrome and Minecraft run pretty well now(without freezing every 5 seconds or the framerate dropping like a rock). I know I can't multi-task on this thing, but at least single tasks work fine now.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Try to find a rooted, diodexed and bloatware-free version of the original software of your phone.
Bloatware (unnecessary Software that usually work behind the scenes) are the major problem with RAM consumption and the can usually be removed via an Aroma installation process.

I still have my Galaxy SII and it functions almost as good as my Galaxy Note II via these tricks.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to find a rooted, diodexed and bloatware-free version of the original software of your phone.
Bloatware (unnecessary Software that usually work behind the scenes) are the major problem with RAM consumption and the can usually be removed via an Aroma installation process.

I still have my Galaxy SII and it functions almost as good as my Galaxy Note II via these tricks.
I've already tried this.
First, my phone doesn't have an official Jelly Bean ROM, so I'd be stuck on ICS.
Second, when I was on ICS(bloatware-free and stuff), I realised what a crappy job LG did on their own ROM. Heck, it lagged more than the Nightly Builds of CyanogenMod 9 at the time(albeit more bug-free).
So now I'm pretty comfortable on ParanoidAndroid.
After all, I typed this on my phone without an issue.(ya' know without the keyboard force-closing every five seconds)

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good thing it all worked out in the end ^_^
BTW, the easiest fix for this keyboard issue is by manually installing the Android Keyboard from Play Store.
It fixed my Motorola Xoom, at least.

The kayboard issue was because of lack of RAM, I suppose. On the new ROM I'm with the exact same keyboard and have 0 problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.