Hacking I still use WBFS for my Wii HDD, am I behind on this?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was also a firm believer in WBFS until my hdd got corrupted and lost 60% of my games, quickly switched to fat32 after that.
I'm not saying people on WBFS will inevitably have their hdd corrupted, just why take the risk.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
adamdbz said:
I think wbfs works lot's of games 60 gb it is very good and uloader is the best
A bit late to the party, eh? This discussion was held a year ago. WBFS hasn't made a comeback since then.

Sure, it works. And uloader is a rather decent loader. But the best? Hmm...no. Even without taking the crappy graphics into account, it offers very little that other loaders don't offer as well.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
I'm not changing to anything because of three reasons:

Don't fix what ain't broke
Splitting files on FAT32
No write on NTFS

Don't fix what ain't broke - Its not fixing, its improving.
Splitting files on FAT32 - Who cares? It makes no difference for you.
No write on NTFS - Ok? lol

It is a lot better just to use FAT32 anyways because you don't have multiple partitions, and bla bla other reasons.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

My setup right now is an HDD with WBFS and NTFS partition. If I do want to switch to FAT format do I need to keep a partitioned drive with NTFS for the video files which are > 4GB, correct?

TIA

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Correct, fat32 maximum file size for a single file is 4 Gig.
If you intend to play the video with your wii, you might as well convert it to divx. Most will fit in 4 Gig just fine.
You could also divide the movie in 2 pieces and get yourself a beer while switching from piece 1 to 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks