Hacking I really don't get the SD Menu

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay what I thought it was exactly is that you could load the game from an SD card without using ANY system memory. However, thats not the case when loading a channel from the SD in the SD Menu it still takes up block space. So really whats so great about it? I could manage my system's memory before hand and leave games and channels im not currently playing on my SD. Just my thoughts.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you don't have to go through the process of manually copying each game. The games you play from SD are not installed permanently, they just take up some temp space which is quickly replaced when you choose another game to take it's place.

It's all about how fast you can accomplish this versus the old transfering back and forth.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkAvatar said:
Doesn't this just wear out your NAND memory all the more faster then, if it constantly installs and deletes and reinstalls again?
That's the theory, but we are also writing to the NAND every time a game is saved. As my father once said, "The more you use it, the faster it wears out." For example, you are also wearing out your hard drive on your computer by saving files to it, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't save any of your files does it?

So basically, yes it will wear out a little faster, but it won't as significant as many are making it out to be...
wink.gif
It's all about if you feel that it's worth it. In my opinion less time = more fun
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1