Hacking Discussion I no longer am going to be on 4.1.0, and here's why

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
My other option would be just getting a new Switch for online and keeping my modded one offline forever, but that's not much different from a ban (other than the risk of an account ban, which would royally suck).

I don't think I can keep using two different Switch consoles. Right now the ban risk is pretty low because people are only doing homebrew which Nintendo doesn't even detect. So you're safe to enjoy both worlds.
However things will start to get out of hand when a backup loader will surface and people will start also wanting to go online.:unsure:

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i wait for Fat32 Support on XCI Dumper, then I dump Splatoon 2, sent it back. And then I update to 5.1 with TX^^ to play Online with my shiny backup :P

Ex.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exentio.sexy
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone explain me why people thinks this forum is both a customer support chat and a personal blog?
I won't explicitly say that it's furries' fault, but most of the time, it's furries

Last edited by Ex.,

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but I'm asking for opinions on why I should or shouldn't, mostly. Is there anything major that could win me over to the "wait till it's released" side?

You’re lvl 21 already you shouldn’t need someone’s opinion on where or not you should update your switch.
Make a pros and cons list and weigh out your decision.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, I did, and I'll probably have a mod close this thread. While most of the posts have been helpful, a lot of them are smartass remarks and have no place on this thread.
i'm sorry but don't start a thread when you can't deal with the backlash and negative comments, that's not how life works. If you can't deal with that then you shouldn't have made this thread to begin with that and that goes with everything in life.

Reactions: Ex.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry but don't start a thread when you can't deal with the backlash and negative comments, that's not how life works. If you can't deal with that then you shouldn't have made this thread to begin with that and that goes with everything in life.

That's not how it works on this forum. The moderators here are on vacation in Thailand and anyone can just spew shit everywhere like this useless thread without having it removed and if you're one of those who care then you will have to deal with it. OP's posts that I've seen in general is completely useless and so he/she goes on my ignore list never to be seen again. Lol.

Last edited by isoboy,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not how it works on this forum. The moderators here are on vacation in Thailand and anyone can just spew shit everywhere like this useless thread without having it removed and if you're one of those who care then you will have to deal with it.
I have to deal with it ? lol he should deal with it since he made this thread. Everybody can state his/her opinion and if you can't deal with that then don't start a fucking thread

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I regret not updating to 5.1.0 when Tennis Aces was out ;_; Only after the demo was gone the news came out that you can downgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.0.1.. I would've still been able to use at least some homebrew.

I ordered a jig so I don't care for any software based methods. When anything interesting comes around or when I wanna play Splatoon 2, I'll update.
EDIT2: Why would anyone buy SX Pro? IIRC we can just use their CFW with our own jigs and PC's right?

Last edited by DutchyDutch,
Reactions: the_randomizer

aslk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emunand is coming out with atmosphere, right? in that case we should be able to play all games with it. my only concern is whether we'll be able to play our legit games online with emunand without bans. we'll have a warm boot exploit one day (could require an internet connection). sleep mode will work so we don't have to turn the thing off often and reapply the payload. newest firmware will work with tx dongle but you won't get a warmboot exploit (4.1 and below only.)

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My personal opinion about the current state is that you should update to the latest supported firmware supported by SX.

I feel that this will be the way to go for the unseeable future, booting into it is not a problem either. I keep my Switch in sleep mode anyway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I updated as well, I was on 5.0 before (updated for eShop and online), was staying on that firmware for a bit to make sure homebrew got updated for 5.1, but I accidentally pressed yes on the supernag. Don't really care anyway, I'll be able to run homebrew and pirate games just the same as everyone else.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1. Currently I don't have any reason to update because all the games run on that firmware (I just got Megaman Legacy Collection and it works, so Street Fighter Anniversary Collection will work too).
But E3 with their free demos and shadow drops could change this.

My main point of concern is having the best set-up in the future. By that, I mean having just 1 console to do everything.
1) I would like to have sysnand completely clean so I can play my legit copies online, without the risk of getting banned (not sure how possible the latter may be).
2) Also have emunand with cfw to run backups and homebrew.
3) Then Lakka that could be run as an entirely separate OS.

So, with this kind of setup, booting into different OSes is a necessity. The only advantage of staying on 4.1 I see for this kind of setup, is having the ability to swith to a different OS while being on sysnand. Emunand would be able to do that anyways, but I assume Lakka won't be able to swith to another OS (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So I'm kind of struggling to see a reason to stay on 4.1, since its only advantage is being able to switch to emunand or lakka.
Also, in the end, updating sysnand to latest firmware will be the cleanest and safest way of using online with the lowest chances of getting banned.

I know I will end up moding my joycons, with a propper dpad for the left one, and the magnetic pin bridge mod for the right one. So plugging a USB dongle and choosing which OS I want to run at boot seems like a clean way of doing things.

Come to think of it, I even use my PC that way... I have 2 separate Windows drives (one for daily use, and another one for audio production) and I choose everytime I turn on my PC.

Last edited by PolloDiablo,

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really think that past 3.0 devices should update. They have little to no support in terms of hacking and the much anticipated softmode has been canceled.

What do you mean by this? i am on 3.0.2 only because of softmod and i never heard of it being canceled

If there are no longer any softmods coming for this version i might just update as well.

And i think this is a useful thread, it is kinda hard making a decision on wheter or not to update the switch, at least for me.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean by this? i am on 3.0.2 only because of softmod and i never heard of it being canceled

If there are no longer any softmods coming for this version i might just update as well.

And i think this is a useful thread, it is kinda hard making a decision on wheter or not to update the switch, at least for me.

I am on 3.0 and tbh Softmod isnt really needed, since our Switch is in Sleepmode 99% of the time and thx to Mobile Exploit hosting, you have your "Hacking" Kit always with you xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo