the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody cares, buy a Switch X Pro

Obviously you care enough to make a smarmy remark. No, not buying jack squat, don't like my thread? Not my problem. Move along.

Man, what the hell is up with the smartass remarks? No one is making anyone reply to this thread. To those who are being civil and helpful, thank you. To those saying, "who cares, I don't care, blah blah blah"
either be civil or go bother someone else.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

Obviously you care enough to make a smarmy remark. No, not buying jack squat, don't like my thread? Not my problem. Move along.
the entire forum doesn't care what you decide to do with your switch, update your status or something next time

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the entire forum doesn't care what you decide to do with your switch, update your status or something next time
He made this thread to get an opinion on whether or not update to latest firmware.. he just want to be sure and not regret his action in the future, i can understand him.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when you can have auto rcm, hb installer doesn't mean a lot..

Huh, didn't know that, thanks :P

Good for you. You're more than welcome to add me to your ignore list, IDGAF what you think about my thread.:rolleyes:

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, if you want my opinion just stay on 4.1.0 unless there is a game that requires the latest or something but for next time, just look stuff up instead of being lazy and asking for an "opinion"

A little late for that, but whatever.

I think people are making snarky remarks because they're expressing their own impatience that neither TX's modchip nor Atmosphere is released. Anyways, glad we helped you make a decision. Just be sure not to regret it later on ;)

If people want to be snarky, they should just keep it somewhere else, I deal with enough crap IRL :P

Reactions: Draxzelex

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to know what is the text of the super nag already (my console isn't set to english) ? Testing the thing I was talking about.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, your thread title says that you will no longer be on 4.1, but then you post asking our opinion if you should update or not after basically convincing yourself in a monologue that this is the one logical thing to do. Makes me fell that even if I tell you to not update you'll do it regardless. Well, what are you waiting for? lol

Coman28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, given that Atmosphere works on all firmware up to 5.1.0, (minus the possibility of softmod solutions for anything about 4.x.x), I'm seriously debating updating to 5.1.0. As of now, there is no way to spoof the firmware, for one thing, and two, 4.x.x software solutions are currently private, meaning, there's a chance they will never be available on the public level, so you're forced to use the jig/rcm solution anyway. Second reason, and it's a big one, the emulator I play the most, Snes9x, is already working perfectly on my hacked Wii U. For my Playstation games, I have RetroArch with the Beetle PSX HW core to to that for me, in fact, it handles almost all of my emulation needs for anything complex like PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, etc. And the third reason, and it's one I keep forgetting, the console is only half mine to start with, my brother and I went halvsies when we bought it, as he physically paid me 150 for it. It doesn't feel right for me to risk modding it and bricking it and having to pay for another unit. Last reason, I forgot I ordered SF2 30th Collection on Amazon a long time ago, and I got the notification that it shipped and I tried to cancel it, but couldn't in time. So I can't play the game I bought unless I update to 5.1.0

So yes, combining the fact I already have all the emulation needs on my PC, Super NT, and hacked Wii U, there's nothing that I'm truly missing out on, and as you can see, I've thought this through very clearly. And no, this is something I won't regret, I've accepted the fact I may have to wait several years before anything for a viable software solution for atmosphere comes out for newer firmware. If not, oh well, I'm not bereft of anything I can't do emulation wise on other devices :P And no, I couldn't care less about "backup" loaders, only emulators.

Edit: Should I update or stay on 4.1.0?
I'm on the same page as you, bud. Idk if 4.1 is honestly worth it anymore, especially with Nintendo's conference is right around the corner...

Reactions: the_randomizer

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, you know.

Take five seconds to rail the easiest hard mod ever made on any firmware and quit making a big deal out of something which already exists and is better than any garbage softmod you'll end up using by waiting.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right, if you want my opinion just stay on 4.1.0 unless there is a game that requires the latest or something but for next time, just look stuff up instead of being lazy and asking for an "opinion"

Look what up? You talk like this is an ages old and well documented subject on deciding whether to stay on older firmware or not like it made to the first page of the time magazine.

He made it clear that it was a discussion but some people are such unpleasant farts as to complain about discussions being made on a forum. Do you realize how boring and non-constructive you are being to this thread?

If you can't stand discussions happening on a forum go do something constructive with your life. This discussion is helpful to many people including myself. Way more than 9 out of 10 threads coming out actually.

What nobody cares about is which kind of discussions actually you do like or not in the gbatemp board.

Now scram, nobody is forcing much less wants you to be here.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, you know.

Take five seconds to rail the easiest hard mod ever made on any firmware and quit making a big deal out of something which already exists and is better than any garbage softmod you'll end up using by waiting.

I probably won't even mod my Switch for a long time, if ever, unless I buy a second console, hard to say.

I'm on the same page as you, bud. Idk if 4.1 is honestly worth it anymore, especially with Nintendo's conference is right around the corner...

I know, that's a big reason actually.

Reactions: Coman28

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, given that Atmosphere works on all firmware up to 5.1.0, (minus the possibility of softmod solutions for anything about 4.x.x), I'm seriously debating updating to 5.1.0. As of now, there is no way to spoof the firmware, for one thing, and two, 4.x.x software solutions are currently private, meaning, there's a chance they will never be available on the public level, so you're forced to use the jig/rcm solution anyway. Second reason, and it's a big one, the emulator I play the most, Snes9x, is already working perfectly on my hacked Wii U. For my Playstation games, I have RetroArch with the Beetle PSX HW core to to that for me, in fact, it handles almost all of my emulation needs for anything complex like PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, etc. And the third reason, and it's one I keep forgetting, the console is only half mine to start with, my brother and I went halvsies when we bought it, as he physically paid me 150 for it. It doesn't feel right for me to risk modding it and bricking it and having to pay for another unit. Last reason, I forgot I ordered SF2 30th Collection on Amazon a long time ago, and I got the notification that it shipped and I tried to cancel it, but couldn't in time. So I can't play the game I bought unless I update to 5.1.0

So yes, combining the fact I already have all the emulation needs on my PC, Super NT, and hacked Wii U, there's nothing that I'm truly missing out on, and as you can see, I've thought this through very clearly. And no, this is something I won't regret, I've accepted the fact I may have to wait several years before anything for a viable software solution for atmosphere comes out for newer firmware. If not, oh well, I'm not bereft of anything I can't do emulation wise on other devices :P And no, I couldn't care less about "backup" loaders, only emulators.

Edit: Should I update or stay on 4.1.0?

Get a SX Pro, update and don't look back.

The SX Pro will allow running homebrew and backups when it's released (June 15th) and works on all firmware versions. Emunand will eventually die out like it did on the Wii/Wii U/3DS, as better hacking methods come along for the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...