Hacking Discussion I no longer am going to be on 4.1.0, and here's why

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
What do you mean by this? i am on 3.0.2 only because of softmod and i never heard of it being canceled

If there are no longer any softmods coming for this version i might just update as well.

And i think this is a useful thread, it is kinda hard making a decision on wheter or not to update the switch, at least for me.

Yeah I saw a quote from SciresM posted in a similar thread and it was clear that post devices on 3.0 were unlikely to get the softmode because it's very difficult to achieve and there is bounty for it. So I don't see any reason to stay on 4.1 considering this factor. Besides better uodate now while latest fw is still hackable and usable with homebrew as Nintebdo might complicate things with a new software update (like in the case of the Vita by making newer games require latest firmware).

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah I saw a quote from SciresM posted in a similar thread and it was clear that post devices on 3.0 were unlikely to get the softmode because it's very difficult to achieve and there is bounty for it. So I don't see any reason to stay on 4.1 considering this factor. Besides better uodate now while latest fw is still hackable and usable with homebrew as Nintebdo might complicate things with a new software update (like in the case of the Vita by making newer games require latest firmware).

I read a similar message, but from what i understood he meant coldboot, not all of softmod. So a warmboot option is still coming.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I read a similar message, but from what i understood he meant coldboot, not all of softmod. So a warmboot option is still coming.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. For my part I don't mind having my right joycon hacked and launch the payloads from my phone.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated last night, it's working great, I can close this thread now, so yeah, thanks to those who were civil and helpful; and to those with negative, unhelpful comments, I didn't even apply them, so yeah, anyway.

Can someone explain me why people thinks this forum is both a customer support chat and a personal blog?
I won't explicitly say that it's furries' fault, but most of the time, it's furries

Good for you, even if it is their fault, so effing what? Don't like it, that's not my problem.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
I think right now I'm just going to update (check each time one comes out in case it's not safe)

I don't really mind using a jig, and with sleep mode support i really won't have to do it that much.

Not to mention the scene is very active, so who knows what the future will bring.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how it works on this forum. The moderators here are on vacation in Thailand and anyone can just spew shit everywhere like this useless thread without having it removed and if you're one of those who care then you will have to deal with it. OP's posts that I've seen in general is completely useless and so he/she goes on my ignore list never to be seen again. Lol.

Does that mean I can get away with telling you to screw off then? Sounds like a plan. Your threads aren't any better.

You’re lvl 21 already you shouldn’t need someone’s opinion on where or not you should update your switch.
Make a pros and cons list and weigh out your decision.

Think that's a little too late now.

Since i dont have time to play right now im waiting, but if by july Atmosphere is not released yet i'll probably update as well and buy SX for the dongle.

That's what I'll probably end up doing eventually, have an SX chip.

@FIX94 @shaunj66 Can I request to have this thread closed by either one of you guys? Thank you.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated last night, it's working great, I can close this thread now, so yeah, thanks to those who were civil and helpful; and to those with negative, unhelpful comments, I didn't even apply them, so yeah, anyway.

Good for you, even if it is their fault, so effing what? Don't like it, that's not my problem.
Don't close the thread. Change the title to something like "4.1.0 update or not". This thread is helpful for people to discuss about this specific fw situation.

Just because you made a decision doesn't mean everyone else already decided too. Otherwise you should have made a blog if you were only interested in your own personal situation.

Reactions: ZeSpaceship

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't close the thread. Change the title to something like "4.1.0 update or not". This thread is helpful for people to discuss about this specific fw situation.

Just because you made a decision doesn't mean everyone else already decided too. Otherwise you should have made a blog if you were only interested in your own personal situation.

*shrug* I feel that it's too late to do any of that, in all honesty. The thread has sprouted some rather toxic replies which I don't find helpful at all. Yes, I should have made a blog and I regret not doing it, but it's too late.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shrug* I feel that it's too late to do any of that, in all honesty. The thread has sprouted some rather toxic replies which I don't find helpful at all. Yes, I should have made a blog and I regret not doing it, but it's too late.
Let the mods take care of the shitposts. They could delete those and we can still keep going with a civil discussion.

Reactions: charlieb

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been updating to the latest fw since day 1. So lower fw's get coldboot, not a big deal at all. People on lower fw's have either missed out or had two buy two Switches, which is ridiculous imo.

Anyway, I see a lot of damaged Switch consoles in the future. A jig is not a good longterm solution. An internal mod is definitely a must.

Reactions: the_randomizer

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regret not updating to 5.1.0 when Tennis Aces was out ;_; Only after the demo was gone the news came out that you can downgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.0.1.. I would've still been able to use at least some homebrew.

I ordered a jig so I don't care for any software based methods. When anything interesting comes around or when I wanna play Splatoon 2, I'll update.
EDIT2: Why would anyone buy SX Pro? IIRC we can just use their CFW with our own jigs and PC's right?

You can just get the licence. I bought the full pack just for the dongle, backup loader and the os are an extra for me.

I think that the dongle is worth its money, I can load payloads with my phone, USB host cable and charger cable but I find more convenient to use the dongle.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I now regret having made this thread, I should have just updated my Switch while keeping my own thoughts to myself. *sigh*
No need to regret anything man. You did good in creating this thread, since the porpuse of it was achieved, wasnt it? Now, since its your thread, you are the only one who can decide if requesting its closure or not. So don't worry and do as you pelase!

Tbh i would have updated too just for fortnite and mario tennis aces on the go lmao.

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1.0 and honestly I want to update, but I have decided to stick it out for a few more weeks. No harm in it and if all I end up doing is waiting for nothing then it'll be that much more sweet to update for dlc and games I want to buy.

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be sorry
I'm on 4.1.0 and honestly I want to update, but I have decided to stick it out for a few more weeks. No harm in it and if all I end up doing is waiting for nothing then it'll be that much more sweet to update for dlc and games I want to buy.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean I can get away with telling you to screw off then? Sounds like a plan. Your threads aren't any better.

Think that's a little too late now.

That's what I'll probably end up doing eventually, have an SX chip.

@FIX94 @shaunj66 Can I request to have this thread closed by either one of you guys? Thank you.
You can use Thread Tools at the top of the page to lock it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even